• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Take Kyushu PBEM vs AI
12-31-2019, 10:43 PM,
My 2 Cents  Take Kyushu PBEM vs AI
Hi all,

I played this scenario as the americans vs AI and the landings were quite a bitch. Heavy losses.

I have now started two PBEM games and as the japanese I have not managed to disrupt A SINGLE american unit on the beach on turn 1. I started an AI game again and could easily disrupt american units.

Is this the way it is designed? 

Disrupting american units on the beach PBEM turn 1 = impossible

Disrupting american units on the beach vs AI turn 1 = easy

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2020, 03:26 AM,
RE: Take Kyushu PBEM vs AI
Mostly coincidence I think.

Unless I missed it, there's no solo version of Take Kyushu with different US unit ratings.

The AI is likely to be poor at focussing fire compared to a human opponent, which means your defenders will be in a better shape.

The first wave units disrupting can be quite a pain for the Allies, as their HQ takes a while to arrive.

With delayed disruption reporting on, it can be difficult to keep track of what happened when as the only direct feedback of enemy disruption results comes from disruptions that occur during the enemy turn.
01-01-2020, 06:15 AM,
Comrade P is correct on the delayed disruption reporting...about 20% of my engineers are disrupted in the campaign we are playing.
01-01-2020, 11:11 PM,
(01-01-2020, 06:15 AM)larsonney Wrote: Comrade P is correct on the delayed disruption reporting...about 20% of my engineers are disrupted in the campaign we are playing.

The delayed disruption reporting is the answer. Thanks!
01-10-2020, 10:36 AM,
(12-31-2019, 10:43 PM)U2-U2 Wrote: What game is this?  jonny

Hi all,

I played this scenario as the americans vs AI and the landings were quite a bitch. Heavy losses.

I have now started two PBEM games and as the japanese I have not managed to disrupt A SINGLE american unit on the beach on turn 1. I started an AI game again and could easily disrupt american units.

Thanks!
01-15-2020, 12:16 AM,
(01-10-2020, 10:36 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(12-31-2019, 10:43 PM)U2-U2 Wrote: What game is this?  jonny

Hi all,

Thanks!

Japan '45