• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CLOSED Seeking NATO Opponent (Danube Front '85 Gold)
12-29-2019, 02:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2020, 04:35 AM by Kool Kat.)
CLOSED Seeking NATO Opponent (Danube Front '85 Gold)
CLOSED

Gents:  Smoke7

Seeking an experienced NATO opponent for the following Danube Front '85 (Gold) scenario:

850610_12a: The Lull Before the Storm (HTH)_Alt (8 turns, small)

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/mc-0...io&id=6743

Default Optional Rules

Scenario is pretty balanced based on reported games!  Smile

See you in Germany shortly!  Helmet Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2020, 02:35 AM,
RE: Seeking NATO Opponent (Danube Front '85 Gold)
Gents:  Smoke7

Good grief! Rolling Eyes   Over 91 views and no takers? Idea2

Bump!  Whistle
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-01-2020, 03:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2020, 03:41 AM by Mowgli.)
(01-01-2020, 02:35 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:  Smoke7

Bump!  Whistle

I'd volunteer as NATO player for the normal version of the scenario (not the _Alt). I'm not familiar with the _Alt scenarios and I'm slightly sceptical about them.

It seems the units' values are all over the place and I'm not sure if it messes up the mechanics. For example, the tanks have incredibly high defensive values compared to infantry. This means that you always need to defend against assaults with tanks? (the "defense value" used to calculate assault casualties is the weighted average of the defense of all units...so adding a tank unit with its over the top defense value significantly boosts your troops' protection...). This in turn means that assaults will be much less effective on average (the combat thresholds are the same as in the vanilla scenario).
01-01-2020, 03:36 AM,
Send it
01-01-2020, 05:01 AM,
(01-01-2020, 03:36 AM)Mowgli Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 02:35 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:  Smoke7

Bump!  Whistle

I'd volunteer as NATO player for the normal version of the scenario (not the _Alt). I'm not familiar with the _Alt scenarios and I'm slightly sceptical about them.

It seems the units' values are all over the place and I'm not sure if it messes up the mechanics. For example, the tanks have incredibly high defensive values compared to infantry. This means that you always need to defend against assaults with tanks? (the "defense value" used to calculate assault casualties is the weighted average of the defense of all units...so adding a tank unit with its over the top defense value significantly boosts your troops' protection...). This in turn means that assaults will be much less effective on average (the combat thresholds are the same as in the vanilla scenario).

Gent:  Smoke7

I accept!  Smile

Standard scenario - non-alt version with Default Optional Rules.

NATO moves first. Please conduct NATO Turn #1 and send to me.

mikewest455(at)gmail.com

See you in Germany shortly!   Helmet Wink
Send this user an email