• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MC Gold Issues
12-29-2019, 01:21 AM,
MC Gold Issues
So far, I've downloaded and installed DF and FG.  As stated on the JTS website, I uninstalled Fulda Gap prior to installing the Gold update.  I also did this for DF thinking that it wouldn't matter since Fulda would supposedly run without the earlier version.  Both games seemed to have loaded correctly except that, for each, I get a File Read Error popup. 

Do I need to go back, reinstall Fulda Gap and then rerun the update?  When I open this game, the only scenarios available are the '74 scenarios.  

Danube Front asked for my serial number, which I entered.  I got the successful activation notice.  My other problem with DF is that the flash drive that I had stored the installation file on has taken a dump, so I no longer have a backup for this game.

I'm currently downloading NGP hoping that my problems are related to not having the earlier versions of FG and DF are what is causing these issues.  Help appreciated!

Rake
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2019, 01:39 AM,
RE: MC Gold Issues
Okay, NGP loaded and runs correctly. Korea is next.

I just now realized that I was only to DELETE the EXE file from Fulda Gap, not uninstall the game. As stated above, I (in hindsight, foolishly) also uninstalled Danube Front without a backup.
12-29-2019, 01:42 AM,
Hi,

Yes there was no need to uninstall. The patches will no work standalone (very well) as there will be files missing.

If you have a JTS version 2.00 then do a normal install and then apply the 2.01 patch. For those who are upgrading from the HPS version then you should be sent a full installer from JTS Support and that is already version 2.01 i.e. no need to patch.

Thanks,

David
12-29-2019, 02:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 02:11 AM by The Real Rake.)
(12-29-2019, 01:42 AM)Strela Wrote: Hi,

Yes there was no need to uninstall. The patches will no work standalone (very well) as there will be files missing.

If you have a JTS version 2.00 then do a normal install and then apply the 2.01 patch. For those who are upgrading from the HPS version then you should be sent a full installer from JTS Support and that is already version 2.01 i.e. no need to patch.

Thanks,

David

David,

All I have for Fulda is 1.07 and a serial number.  I have installed this and then installed the upgrade.  It seems to be working, but I have no idea what might be missing.  For Danube Front, which I'm certain that I purchased from JTS, all I have is my SN.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly
12-29-2019, 02:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 02:32 AM by The Real Rake.)
Curious if I can contact JTS regarding Danube Front.  I've sent an email to JTS about both games.  I have my original emails from when I purchased this in April of last year, including my Order Number.  Obviously, the download link has expired
12-29-2019, 11:35 PM,
Got everything worked out with JTS. Great guys to work with; besides making great games, they've always picked me up when I've screwed up.