• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Campaigns Gold Released - WDS Blog
12-29-2019, 12:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 12:36 AM by Strela.)
Modern Campaigns Gold Released - WDS Blog
Hi All,

As mentioned by others the Modern Campaigns updates are out. Trust me, this has been a massive labour of love as every image is essentially new as nothing came across from the Panzer Campaigns series.

I have the usual WDS Blog post which has a truckload of additional images included here;
https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2019...-released/

Please feel free to have a look.

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2019, 01:51 AM,
RE: Modern Campaigns Gold Released - WDS Blog
Decided to add a few images of some of the new units (hopefully you can right click to see full-size);

Middle East '67 from the 2004 scenario;

[Image: Blog-74-8.jpg]

Korea '85 units;

[Image: Blog-74-13.jpg]

From the Warsaw Pact titles. Many of these are specifically for Bolt out of the Blue in Danube Front '85;

[Image: Blog-74-28.jpg]

[Image: Blog-74-29.jpg]

[Image: Blog-74-30.jpg]

Most of these are new images that weren't shown in the previous blog post here;
https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2019...-part-one/

Thanks,

David
12-29-2019, 02:55 AM,
Great job David!
[Image: exercise.png]
12-29-2019, 03:03 AM,
(12-29-2019, 12:36 AM)Strela Wrote: Hi All,

As mentioned by others the Modern Campaigns updates are out. Trust me, this has been a massive labour of love as every image is essentially new as nothing came across from the Panzer Campaigns series.

I have the usual WDS Blog post which has a truckload of additional images included here;
https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2019...-released/

Please feel free to have a look.

Thanks,

David

From what I can see from NGP, this update, like all of the Gold updates, is spectacular.  Now, if I can just get Fulda, Danube and Korea running like NGP, I'll be golden, too

Thanks for all your efforts! Respect4
12-29-2019, 04:06 AM,
WD and thx!
12-29-2019, 04:12 AM,
All 5 games updated with no issues whatsoever. I made sure to deinstall all my mods first with jsgme, unzip and done.

Been running them vanilla and with several mod layers. Still undecided on which art files to use - the new vanilla unit art is pretty good and it is really nice to have Volcanoman’s scenarios extended scenarios and Bolt out of the Blue as standard.

Have also reused Jison’s MapMod files, Volcanoman’s unit art files and the Bolt out of the Blue unit art files without much effort - with the latter I basically removed everything except the unit art files.

Just one question, as I have seen a lot of new wav files, did you update them and do they also include replacements like those in the Volcanoman mod? Asking is easier than digging int the files?

Long story short - thank you for the great extra Xmas present.

...bought a copy of Sealion to put something back in the piggybank.
12-29-2019, 04:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 04:38 AM by Simulacra53.)
Just a small comment - is that the correct Italian flag, isn’t that the Kingdom of Italy (Savoia) as also used in WW2 by Fascist Italy up to 1943? I thought you were Italian?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Italy

Last but not least - in the context of the game series and also the time period, I think the irregular forces in ME67 deserve something less cliche. I’ll leave it at that.

Helmet Wink
12-29-2019, 04:42 AM,
Hi David and Team:  Smoke7

Thank you and your Team for the tremendous work effort and "gaming love" put into the MC Gold updates!  Big Grin 

The new graphics, sound effects, and addition of many new scenarios are most welcomed by this gamer!  Smile 

All of my MC Gold patches installed successfully... and I essentially have five "new" games!

Looking forward to many hours of MC gaming! 

THANK YOU!  Thank you 3
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email