• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can you win any secenerio ?
01-07-2020, 06:17 AM,
RE: Can you win any secenerio ?
I always always watch the replays. Because that is how I learn, I always try and watch what the other player does to defeat me and I take it from there.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2020, 06:34 AM,
(01-07-2020, 05:57 AM)zap Wrote: The OP mentioned tactics so I'll go a little off topic and ask , How important is watching the replay. Simply saying, I use it 1% of the time. I know it will help but is it critical?

I almost always watch the replay. It helps me get a feel for my opponents tactics, but mostly just because I enjoy watching. Quite a few really good players don't with no adverse affects.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-13-2020, 06:28 PM,
(01-07-2020, 05:57 AM)zap Wrote: The OP mentioned tactics so I'll go a little off topic and ask , How important is watching the replay. Simply saying, I use it 1% of the time. I know it will help but is it critical?

IMO, it makes a good difference in my point score and my strategy. In fact, you can sum up my basic strategy thusly;

1. I *always* watch the replay.  I make sure the sound is on, in order to analyze what types of units are moving, and roughly how many. There's a command in the menu that says 'scroll to view enemy movement' or something like that; it should always be set to ON.

2. Study the map in detail before you play your turn. So many details tend to be missed.  Plus, the maps are cool.

3. Scout ahead with units that are low value, high defense, such as low-value infantry (I.e., don't use SS infantry as axis). Recon is everything in this game, just like in a real war.

4. Expend 'extra' artillery into blind areas you think the enemy *might* be; nets me points almost every game.

5. Look over your forces and visible enemy units before you send your turn; get an idea in your head how you think next turn may play out.  What's he likely to do?  What should *I* be doing next turn? Did I forget to move a unit?

6. ALWAYS ask; where do I expect my forces to be in the next ten turns, and what's it going to take to get there? It affects how I play in a major way (always look ahead, never play 'in the moment').

I have a few more tips up my sleeve, but I have a game coming up.  Rifle4
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu