• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MC Gold installation feedback
12-28-2019, 01:12 PM,
MC Gold installation feedback
First off, thank you to WDS and JTS  for the all your hard work in updating these games! I love how you guys keep supporting these classic after all these years. I just wanted to give some feedback on an installation issue. I've updated NGP and DF.

The installation of the patch failed the first time for both games. The error message for both was "Can't create output file: "(game path)\mcsub.exe". Deleting that file before starting again fixed this and they installed normally.

The new 3D graphics look great, btw. A vast improvement on the old ones.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2019, 02:21 PM,
RE: MC Gold installation feedback
There seems to a missing image for WP Attack Helicopters in DB'85. This is from the getting started scenario:

[Image: Tf2z2K8.jpg]
12-28-2019, 07:26 PM,
Thanks Pinetree. Weird the issue you're having with mcsub.exe. That normally means its marked as read only. That wasn't the case with the builds I had here and tested the patch against. What version of the original game were you patching?

As far as the attack helicopter missing in the graphical icons - yes I can see the issue. I'll look to correct when I can.

David
12-28-2019, 09:48 PM,
(12-28-2019, 07:26 PM)Strela Wrote: Thanks Pinetree. Weird the issue you're having with mcsub.exe. That normally means its marked as read only. That wasn't the case with the builds I had here and tested the patch against. What version of the original game were you patching?

I had the JTS 2.0 versions but I had installed the mcsub.exe hotfix.

Quote:As far as the attack helicopter missing in the graphical icons - yes I can see the issue. I'll look to correct when I can.

David

No worries, thanks again. Helmet Smile