• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thinking about it
12-25-2019, 08:40 AM,
Help  Thinking about it
Thinking about buying the game John Tillers , the Napoleonic wars from the matrix web site..
 I am really interested in playing Napoleon in Russia as I currently play a lot of the CS EFII which I love.
Do you guys play that game here, and is there a lot of activity with this game.
I have windows 10, will it run on that.
 I also read that there is a new updates, so is that a whole new game or a just up dates to the one I can buy on matrix.
Thank you in advance.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2019, 09:53 AM,
RE: Thinking about it
The Blitz does support the Matrix John Tiller Nap game however, there is very little advertised action for it.

The JTS Nap titles are far more popular over here.

http://johntillersoftware.com/NapoleonicBattles.html

Also, I am not sure if you are aware that JTS is currently offering a 25% discount off of your entire order until Dec 31 however, you have to use the link found in the following thread, and it is limited to be used one time only.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=72994
12-25-2019, 10:57 PM,
Thank you for the reply.
What about the Battleground games by Tallonsoft, Waterloo, Prelude to Waterloo and Napoleon in Russia, are they popular here at the blitz.
I can buy them from matrix and they are not expensive.
I know there are masses of games for WW II out there but I have what I feel is a very good one "The Campaign series " which I play a lot of, and really enjoy. So buying more WW II games is out of the question for me.
The Napoleonic stuff look very good, the art work is very nice, just wondering if they are as playable as the CS games and if there are opponents on here that play on a regular basis.
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
12-26-2019, 10:04 PM,
The old Battleground games will play on Win10. Download and install from Matrix. I still have them. However, they are more or less redundant now, the John Tiller versions are upgrades of those engines and play much better; I'd recommend you got one or two of those, especially with the discount.
12-27-2019, 03:20 AM,
The only thing that the Talonsoft games are better at is 3D graphics. For example, the JTS Russia Campaign game has all the major battles of the campaign, can be played in phases like NiR (although it lacks cavalry countercharges), looks tolerable in 3D and great in 2D..And since now every major and most minor battles of the whole period are now available, there is a ton to choose from.
12-28-2019, 03:32 AM,
I went and bought the Talonsoft Battleground series from Matrix, not expensive.
Well, phase after phase, not some thing I have done before, so that took getting used to, and still is doing so.

The maps, very nice, just the whole thing is good, but the only thing I have to compare it with is the CS EF II etc.

The fatigue and routing of units is all new to me.

I know nothing about the tactics or maneuvers etc that I should be using !

The marching into battle and setting everything up appears to be a massive part of playing ! Does it take a long time to play against an opponent when using PBEM ?

So is all the Napoleonic era games played in phases, and can I buy the newer one from the J Tiller web site and down load it just the same as I would from Matrix ?

Its priced in American $s but I am in the UK so of course we deal in British £s. How does that work out ?

Totally different compared to the WW II stuff I have been playing.
12-29-2019, 03:34 AM,
I'm in the UK and buying and downloading is easy.

The Tiller versions can be played in phased play like Talonsoft, or in single phase per player, which is obviously faster.

If I can get my Talonsoft games to work I can give you a training game
12-29-2019, 06:55 AM,
That would be very good of you to do that. Thank you.
12-29-2019, 07:40 AM,
On the other hand, I have bought Nap in Russia from JTS and it looks fine to me.
Yes I will play a training game.
12-31-2019, 01:55 AM,
Ok, I can play a training game of the JTS Napoleon's Russian Campaign with you. Drop me an email. I'm sort of in and out all this week with festive activities.