• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I like playing Single Player sometimes, is it feasible to play most scenarios vs AI?
12-04-2019, 02:58 PM,
c_Question Mark  I like playing Single Player sometimes, is it feasible to play most scenarios vs AI?
I am playing a great match in France '40 against a human opponent and having a lot of fun doing so. That being said, there are times when I like to play against the AI in hopes of getting some enjoyment out of different scenarios when I don't feel like being committed to more than a game or two against a human and playing at a slower pace. 

In general, are PzC games feasibly playable against the AI? Does anyone get enjoyment playing against the AI or even more than a human player at times?
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2019, 03:00 PM,
RE: I like playing Single Player sometimes, is it feasible to play most scenarios vs AI?
I find that smaller scenarios are very much playable against the AI, as long as you are the attacker.
12-05-2019, 12:58 AM,
RE: I like playing Single Player sometimes, is it feasible to play most scenarios vs AI?
Another approach is to play head to head solitaire and take a day or two between turns and thereby depending on your memory introduce some fog of war.
12-05-2019, 01:39 AM,
I hardly ever play against the AI it's just not a challenge.
12-05-2019, 04:28 AM,
(12-05-2019, 12:58 AM)Doctor Wrote: Another approach is to play head to head solitaire and take a day or two between turns and thereby depending on your memory introduce some fog of war.

As I mentioned in a different thread, you can achieve the same effect by playing the massive campaigns against yourself--they are too big, with too many units, to remember who is doing what where, other than in broad brush strokes.
12-05-2019, 11:40 AM,
(12-05-2019, 04:28 AM)76mm Wrote: As I mentioned in a different thread, you can achieve the same effect by playing the massive campaigns against yourself--they are too big, with too many units, to remember who is doing what where, other than in broad brush strokes.

You know, that's actually a great idea. I thought about trying it before, but I was sure I would remember all my movements and just mirror myself. However, the large campaigns would go along really well with this. I honestly have trouble remembering my own moves during larger HtH matches.

I think your suggestion opened up a world of possibilities for me.
12-05-2019, 01:20 PM,
If you really want to confuse yourself, play with place names turned off--it makes it more difficult to remember particular places on the map. For me that is a bit too much, and I get too lost, so I always play with place names on, but I wanted to suggest it as an option.
12-05-2019, 11:51 PM,
One thing I thought about but have yet to try is play a small scenario with the objectives turned off. Try what you think is important by the map. If you have fun with that one, try larger scenarios or campaigns.