• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Simple fix needed
12-08-2019, 05:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2019, 05:08 AM by fritzfarlig.)
RE: Simple fix needed
I can only say great job and continue that, I had never thought we should see an EFIII in the future or any more campaign series games
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2019, 06:45 AM,
(12-07-2019, 11:44 PM)berto Wrote: "...I have to say I am dismayed that my brief, "polite" response has elicited so much snark bordering on outright animosity.  What have I/we done to deserve that?..."

Berto, I absolutely apologize. In no way did I mean to disparage your efforts and I'm fully aware your efforts are an act of love, not equating to monetary gain. Forum "chats" are full of pitfalls, in that we can't see the smile in the eyes or the humor in the voice. This same conversation, face to face, would have taken seconds and I would have gone away understanding and agreeing with no animosity on either of our parts. Nature of the beast, I guess. 

My only wish is that the team had kept the current game active, while a replacement version was developed. I'm sure there a a few reasons, at least, where that would not be practical, so again, no big deal, I for one will live.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-08-2019, 09:04 AM,
"I have to say I am dismayed that my brief, "polite" response has elicited so much snark bordering on outright animosity.  What have I/we done to deserve that?"

Dave said he forgot that you abandoned the game.
Get over yourself.

"Seriously, with so little reward we get from slaving over the games, then the hostility we experience from some quarters (some; most players are appreciative), I sometimes wonder:  Why bother?  Do I really need this (devoting the time and effort, the expense, the grief)?"

Some labor for love? Slaving? Hostility?
Hostility from me because I have always seen the "Why bother" in you.
Keep enjoying the comments of the ones that like everything you do.
If you don't like the truth you can continue to ignore it.

"It also makes me think:  What do we get for being so open and honest and actively involved with the player community?  I can see the wisdom where some developers hide away and decline to participate in player fora, never responding to player questions.  I regret now answering the OP question.  I will probably regret making this latest post right here."

Only a wise man takes his own advice?

John posted and frankly I was surprised by what he had to say. He apologized. We are all entitled to opinions?

Dave was, like me, surprised that you responded the way you did and he also felt bad for his reaction. He apologized (though I did not see the need). Then you left us with ... you.

Sorry you had to fix CS and delay your project. Truly I am.
I hope you complete the rest of your projects on time. Hope you make money on it.
I am not against anyone trying to do something and profit by it.

I'm just not for those who want to do nothing.

Farmer

HSL
12-08-2019, 01:25 PM,
(12-08-2019, 06:45 AM)Scud Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 11:44 PM)berto Wrote: "...I have to say I am dismayed that my brief, "polite" response has elicited so much snark bordering on outright animosity.  What have I/we done to deserve that?..."

Berto, I absolutely apologize...

No worries, Scud (Dave).  Misunderstandings happen.