• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario of the Month: November 2019 - Pairings
12-07-2019, 08:57 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: November 2019 - Pairings
(12-07-2019, 05:35 AM)naughtkris Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 04:55 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: CMBN: WT H2H ASL 94 - Hill '112' (requires the vehicle pack - but we all have that right)

Allies - Axis

naughtkris - mirekm61
I regret to inform the honored body, that the above game has come to a close. I regret it, because I was having lots of fun.
I don't want to say too much due to spoilers for those still playing, but it was a very costly victory.
Mirem61 put up an excellent classic defense for the terrain. It's yet another battle where the "Winning" CO would be relieved of his command for the cost in his men's lives.
One thing, I noticed that when reporting the game, under Competition, there was no entry that I could see for Scenario of the month (past 2016).
Again, would love to talk more about this excellent match, but don't want to spoil it for those still 'Werfing each other.
-Naught

Egg all over my face, I reported the game with"Mirekm", not Mirekm61. I guess one of these is the goatee'ed mirror universe imposter. My apologies. I'll report with the correct person. If a an admin is listening, please help me erase the incorrect one.
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2019, 04:00 AM,
I defended myself as much as I could, but the tigers buried the good result. I don't think they fired any accurate shot and they didn't detect any target (tank) but they were destroyed.
12-08-2019, 04:15 AM,
(12-08-2019, 04:00 AM)mirekm61 Wrote: I defended myself as much as I could, but the tigers buried the good result. I don't think they fired any accurate shot and they didn't detect any target (tank) but they were destroyed.

It was a very good defense. I had scouted out the sound contacts of the loud tigers and placed the FFs in a dine and dash position to take them out. I was expecting to loose some my tanks in the process, making an omelette and all that.
Personally, I suspect I would have kept the tigers far away from the main battle, then moved them in on the flank or rear.
12-10-2019, 12:24 AM,
(12-07-2019, 08:57 AM)naughtkris Wrote: If a an admin is listening, please help me erase the incorrect one.

Everyone can fix these things themselves - teaching everyone to fish here :)

1. Go to your profile
  2. Scroll to your ladder entries expanding the right ladder and game if needed
  3. Find the mistaken entry
  4. Look across to the entry in the result column - it is a hyper link - click on that
  5. On the entry page there is a delete button on the upper right
  6. click the delete button
If you get stuck Raz or I can help.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
12-10-2019, 01:30 AM,
(12-10-2019, 12:24 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 08:57 AM)naughtkris Wrote: If a an admin is listening, please help me erase the incorrect one.

Everyone can fix these things themselves - teaching everyone to fish here :)

1. Go to your profile
  2. Scroll to your ladder entries expanding the right ladder and game if needed
  3. Find the mistaken entry
  4. Look across to the entry in the result column - it is a hyper link - click on that
  5. On the entry page there is a delete button on the upper right
  6. click the delete button
If you get stuck Raz or I can help.

Done and Done...and I mean done!

Thanks
12-15-2019, 07:35 AM,
(11-23-2019, 04:55 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: CMFI: TWC Right Hook at Valguarnera

Allies - Axis

naughtkris - kadursahl

Our game is finished. Its a tie.
My opponent was great.
The Scenario briefing though...just awful. I think it cost me a minor victory.
Won't go into it here, for fear of spoilers, but I left what I thought on the Scenario briefing (with spoiler warning).
01-04-2020, 01:41 AM,
Guardsman and I have finished out Hill 112 battle with a victory for the British. Kudos to Guardsman for an excellent defence and pace to the battle! A very enjoyable little scenario with the classic outnumbered but qualitatively superior Germans defending against "hordes" of Allies. The play balance seemed to favour the Allied side as the German artillery was an all or nothing gamble and the HTs provided the British side with a decided mobility advantage. Given the map size, the heavy artillery on both sides seems like overkill and I think the balance would be improved by giving the German side mortars vice Nebelwerfers and replacing the British 114mm with 25 pounders.
01-07-2020, 11:24 AM,
Duff and I have finished TWC Right Hook at Valguarnera with a victory for the Germans. Overall, a bit of a strange scenario as it seemed vague as to what the objectives were based on solely the mission narrative. Along with an initial ambush and then late arrivals that had to cross the entire battlefield on foot before arriving at game end and there were just too many rough edges on this battle.
02-21-2020, 06:18 AM,
Hi,

Manzcaser vs Ariete game finished, with a total victory for my british forces.

Ariete, thanks for the game, well played. It's been a pleasure playing with you.

See you soon.
[Image: cm_firm.png]
03-24-2020, 06:34 AM,
Hi,

Manzcaser vs a1steaks game finished.

Greetings.
[Image: cm_firm.png]