• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WDS 2019 End of Year Update - Part Two
11-21-2019, 09:56 PM,
WDS 2019 End of Year Update - Part Two
Hi All,

We've posted our latest update covering new titles. Something there for everyone, but of particular interest for Panzer Campaigns and Panzer Battles fans!

https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2019...-part-two/

David
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2019, 05:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 05:31 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: WDS 2019 End of Year Update - Part Two
Take time to have a read of David's excellent blog, it great to read that PzC and PzB developments are alive and kicking in 2019 and if all goes well a host of new titles and content going forward into 2020 and beyond!  Smile 

Add to that news that we are getting ever closer to finishing the next FWWC title, it is obvious that these three very popular JTS series are going to provide a lot of fun for us all in the future!  Big Grin

There was a point a few years back that I thought that the PzC series had run its course and we would have to a satisfied with the content we already had, but with the Gold upgrade and now several new titles in the pipeline the future of PzC's seems very rosy indeed. 

It was also nice that David touched on the fact that there is a small army of dedicated people working behind the scenes on these projects giving their time for free, without these individuals time and effort JTS would not be able to release all this new content for us to enjoy, I salute you all. Salute6
11-23-2019, 12:17 AM,
Wow, great data dump. You guys are really doing a job with the PzC series. Looking forward to find out more about the next PzC East Front title.

I've stayed away from PzB so far but might have to jump in for this next one.
11-23-2019, 12:58 AM,
A great post, tons of details.

Scheldt44 is a fun title because is late war, germans are not top quality, oposite, they are underdogs and is a not well know battle-campaign... lacks glamour of other covered.

The bonus of Mass salient and canal ports battles (4-5 no?) is great and complete more the title

I notice white counter naval units in one image... whats their nation? or they are not combat naval units?

For what i read there are 3 titles for PzC in works (i refer working on them to have a release in future), east, west (i understand one different to Scheldt44) and pacific.

Only pacific has some info... is not going to be a what if, and is set in a scale we can call manegeable, the comparison with Market Garden in scale-style made me think in Malayan campaign but with a race to capture a city instead a bridge.
More PzB are wellcome and the work done in map+OOB is Good Job

4th title returns to east... lets see in what year and area because its a big area to know what we can see, maybe i prefer other front because scale worked very well in west and i have some battles in mind but lets see specially because i read recently about 5th soviet airborne corps battle in 41-42

In PzB i notice in OOB armored trains... new type of unit?

3rd FWWC title is like martians, they exist but are to shy to show themselves  Big Grin

And not a lot to say more except again problem to see some images in the post.

PD: i am now more  Crazy thinking in what do... i have now 3 titles i want buy but i can easy find 2 extra more to complete a big buy and have the discount... but to have it i need wait over half a year... could be great if instead force made a buy of 200 dollars to have discount we can have it after buy a title...instead 20% discount for 199 dollars buy have the 20% in next title you buy, and if you buy more than 1 title apply it to the buy.
11-23-2019, 04:16 AM,
Sorry, perhaps with all this information, not being an English speaking, I am a little confused... Jester
Reading the old posts of the forum, it seemed to me that  there was under processing a game of the battles of the Sigrifid Line of 44-45. So, this game dont exist or maybe it could concern another work team of PzC?
I would not disrespect the great work of the Team of Strela, but personally I think it would have greater chances of selling a game on the line Sigrifido rather the roundup of the Scheldt.. Idea2 Idea2
Certainly these are personal opinions
Reegards
11-23-2019, 05:42 AM,
(11-23-2019, 04:16 AM)fabiominatti Wrote: Sorry, perhaps with all this information, not being an English speaking, I am a little confused... Jester
Reading the old posts of the forum, it seemed to me that  there was under processing a game of the battles of the Sigrifid Line of 44-45. So, this game dont exist or maybe it could concern another work team of PzC?  
I would not disrespect the great work of the Team of Strela, but personally I think it would have greater chances of selling a game on the line Sigrifido rather the roundup of the Scheldt.. Idea2 Idea2
Certainly these are personal opinions
Reegards

You are too hard on yourself - your English is not that bad!

I must have missed the posts you refer to but until now I think there was only speculation on the forum regarding the precise topic of this game.

Personally, I have no idea if another title would have greater chances of selling than this one but I do know I will be buying it. From what I have seen so far, the only thing I don't like about Scheldt ’44, is that it won't be available until mid-2020. Luckily, I expect it to be worth the wait.
11-23-2019, 07:26 PM,
I think the battles in the Zeeland and Noord-Brabant provinces will be interesting, and I also compliment the designers on picking a somewhat "unknown" (which tends to equal commercially risky) subject.

The operations that would clear both banks of the Scheldt to open the port of Antwerp to Allied shipping have also been covered in board wargaming recently, so there might be an increasing interest.

Previously, the battle was studied by Commonwealth military historians, but less so by other Western historians.

In terms of units, it looks like it will rank amongst the titles with the lowest unit totals. Even less than some PzC titles covering North Africa.

I do wonder if the mediocre to low overall German unit quality won't be an issue. Even though Commonwealth infantry is less effective than US infantry in terms of SA values, artillery is plentiful.

Historically, the Canadians were experiencing severe manpower shortages due to their reliance on volunteers. With low (or even no?) Canadian replacements, the more-violent-than-the-real-war PzC casualty levels could be an issue.

I'm looking forward to playing Scheldt '44! If testing needs to be done, I'd be more than willing to help.
11-24-2019, 09:35 AM,
Well, is one of the limitations in PzC, casualties are forever, if you recover soldiers they are not removed from the casualties table but destroy a company of 100 soldiers have the same victory points value as 100 casualties in different units not destroyed but in tactical area every destroyed unit is a problem for the side losing it and one problem less for the side destroying it.

Apart this, casualties in game cover from a dead to a light injury because you can recover casualties that is not the same as replace them... i remember in a serie where are in OOB a formation that simple works like a manpower supply but no idea of what and how it works.... other problem is how hard is take a position well defended unless you practically exterminate defenders (or made they have a 100% retreat chance)... here PzC is not specially good when simulate historical situations where a shock attack defeated defenders, in game you need be more systematic to clear terrain.

Well the Sigfried line was a speculation because west in late war for many of us doesnt have Schletd as first option. In the end everybody has his own preferences but sometimes you can find something you love outside confort zone or your ABC battles.

I am curious if you are going to made some blog post about Scheldt 44 (and other titles to come) as a preview and a way to introduce new features in series engine.