• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

practical implications of a reduction in effectiveness (Status value) of vehicles
11-18-2019, 05:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 07:36 PM by Embis.)
practical implications of a reduction in effectiveness (Status value) of vehicles
Two questions on the effectiveness / status of vehicles:

Firstly,
I am Playing a scenario where I have a number of vehicles (lorries)  that are taking some long range fire fire. I noticed the effectiveness of these vehicles dropping to 25% as they receive fire.

I know that for non-amphibious Naval craft  effectiveness dropping to <50% results in sinking but are there any practical implications for loss of effectiveness for vehicles such as lorries? 

It would make sense to me that the cumulative effect of being under prolonged heavy MG fire at long range would eventually result in the effective destruction of an unarmoured vehicle but I don't see any practical consequence for having effectiveness at 25% in SB in this situation.

Secondly,
I also understand that infantry assaulting an armoured vehicle has the possibility of reducing the vehicles effectiveness dependent upon a number of factors. Might repeated assaults over time eventually result in the destruction of the vehicle as the effectiveness is reduced? 

I noticed that in Modern War Infantry assaults on Humvee's usually result in the Humvees destruction but repeated assaults on Bradleys  by infantry have not,  so my thinking is that there will be no cumulative effect resulting in destruction for repeated assaults.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2019, 05:11 AM,
RE: practical implications of a reduction in effectiveness (Status value) of vehicles
Hello, do you know this website?
https://sites.google.com/site/jzs-place/...-home-page
Greetings, HaPe
11-21-2019, 09:39 AM,
RE: practical implications of a reduction in effectiveness (Status value) of vehicles
(11-21-2019, 05:11 AM)O.Schmidt Wrote: Hello, do you know this website?
https://sites.google.com/site/jzs-place/...-home-page

Thank you, I have seen it before but didnt have it bookmarked. Thanks a useful article there, will take me some time to digest it all but I think it probably answers my questions.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
12-23-2019, 05:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2019, 05:44 PM by Mowgli.)
Judging from the manual
  • A loss of effectiveness reduces a vehicle's movement speed (manual p.15). It is calibrated in a way that at 50% effectiveness, a vehicle moves only at 75% of its max. speed. 
  • Fire Combat: The effectiveness of a vehicle affects its firepower (it modifies the fire value, p. 36). There is no effect on its defensive power in fire combat - the resilience of a vehicle is only determined by its armor value and by whether the vehicle is immobilized or not.
  • Assault (p. 56): When it comes to determining a vehicle's offensive assault power, a vehicle's weapons and - unless immobilized - its armor value matter. If the vehicle's effectiveness should also taken into account, then the manual forgot to mention it. The defensive power of a vehicle in assaults depends entirely on its armor value and on whether it is immobilized or not.
-------------------------------
So, to sum it up, it seems as if effectiveness only affects the movement speed and the fire power of vehicles. But it neither affects the defensive parameters of a vehicle, nor  its performance in assaults.