• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for Opponents
11-08-2019, 10:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 01:10 AM by naughtkris.)
Opponent Wanted  Looking for Opponents
Greetings;

I have not played in several years, partly due to a high tempo at work and lots of work related travel.

I'm am looking to get back into things. 

I have Engine 4, of  BS and SF (and BN, FI, and RT, see my opponents wanted in that forum)
I have all the SF modules.

I am looking for up to four opponents between WW2 and Modern.

For BS, my preference is UKR vs RUS.
For SF, I prefer to play CDN, but I'm flexible. Perhaps a Blue on Blue? I can also play Syrian even though I know I'll loose.  Red on Red is SF can be fun too.
My preferred game style is ME, again flexible on this with a good proposal. Scenario's are good too.
My game size is Medium and smaller. 
Prefer highest difficulty.
Turn range between{edit- 30-45], but pitch me if you have something specific in mind outside my range.
I will strive to do min 5 turns, per person, per week.
I am Drop Box capable.

I am extremely rusty and have little to no experience with Engine 4. I have looked around and everyone seems very good, and I'm sure I will learn a lot, but I have given myself a goal. Build up and train till you can take out the toughest kid on the block. This Canadian Cat guy seems to pop up a lot in the forums, so once I have gained some experience with the rest of you, I'll publicly call that guy out and challenge him. From what I've read, this guy had a really good teacher so that will just add to the street cred.

This will be re-posted with a slight edit over on the WW2 forum.

Thank you for your time and I hope to see an incoming challenge.

-Naughtkris
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2019, 12:46 AM,
RE: Looking for Opponents
hey naughtkris, i've seen your name here at theblitz since long so it will be a pleasure to fight an old troop as i:)
just sent you a message for a cmbs game
cheers
11-18-2019, 01:09 AM,
(11-18-2019, 12:46 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote: hey naughtkris, i've seen your name here at theblitz since long so it will be a pleasure to fight an old troop as i:)
just sent you a message for a cmbs game
cheers

Excellent!
You're my first Modern opponent (on my second run on The Blitz).
As I'm sure my two WW2 opponents will attest to, there is a lot of rust to be kicked off.
In both games, my Axis opponents are just destroying me (once again, I fair poor with my armour).
My only hope is that I'm at least making it interesting for them, or perhaps giving them a good chuckle as they steam roll. I also hope that I make it interesting for you too!

One modern opponent on the books; Still looking for another!
Perhaps a CMSF2?
02-21-2021, 01:42 AM,
(11-08-2019, 10:55 AM)CM SF 2 Wrote: Hello Naughtkris,

I saw in your November post that you looking for an opponent for CM SF 2.  I would be willing.

What modules do you have?

Thanks,

Pierre
02-22-2021, 02:34 AM,
Sadly @naughtkris hasn't been around for a while. He and I pretty much always had a game going. He is a very tough opponent. Real live has taken him away from the game. I do hope he'll be back one day.

In the mean time I'm up for a (nother) game if you would like. I am trying to get the number of games on the modern ladder up so I can award a ladder winner next year.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)