• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 40 Gold - Two different folders
11-03-2019, 03:18 PM,
France 40 Gold - Two different folders
I wanted to play some France 40 Gold after installing it some time ago when it came out, and installing the patch when it came out as well. In other words, I am just now getting around to it. I went to play and noticed there is a France 40 folder (newer modification date) and France 40 Gold (older date but larger file size). Is this a known issue? I am not sure which is which.
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2019, 12:55 AM,
RE: France 40 Gold - Two different folders
(11-03-2019, 03:18 PM)pokeytrev Wrote: I wanted to play some France 40 Gold after installing it some time ago when it came out, and installing the patch when it came out as well. In other words, I am just now getting around to it. I went to play and noticed there is a France 40 folder (newer modification date) and France 40 Gold (older date but larger file size). Is this a known issue? I am not sure which is which.

For the 2.02/2.03 patch, ensure you select the Gold directory to update it into.

It's a long story, but moving to the Gold directory has created some confusion.

The 2.02/2.03 patch does call out that you need to select the correct installation directory - don't just trust the default.

In your case, if you have the Gold directory run the latest (2.03) patch into the Gold directory and delete the old France '40 directory.

David
11-04-2019, 04:05 AM,
Thank you so much! That worked and explains what happened.
11-11-2019, 01:29 AM,
(11-04-2019, 04:05 AM)pokeytrev Wrote: Thank you so much! That worked and explains what happened.

The same applies to Minsk '44, apparently, i.e. the last update created a Minsk '44 directory instead of putting the files in the Minsk '44 Gold directory.
I suppose the same solution applies.