• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Editing the toolbar strip
11-02-2019, 08:52 PM,
Editing the toolbar strip
Does anyone know of a way of rearranging the icons on the toolbar strip?

I want to move the 'next turn' icon to the very end of the strip.

If not possible, does anyone know how to retrieve a past turn file in the event I accidentally click on the next turn icon?
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2019, 10:00 PM,
RE: Editing the toolbar strip
I don't think the toolbar can be edited/modded - it's hardcoded.

Neither do I think you can revert the accidental click on the next turn icon but what helps me a lot is the option "ask before advancing". It brings an extra popup you have to acknowledge when ending your turn.

I really think this option should be on as default.
*hinting at the developer of the next games/patches*
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
11-02-2019, 10:16 PM,
I raised this issue sometime ago, loads of room on the toolbar to increase the gap to the right of the next turn button.
The advance to next turn button could be ( isolated ) to avoid this annoying issue.
Of course I always tick " ask before advancing turn " to avoid a disaster, but I'm only human.

Another problem, as these games are labour intensive is having to save/stop a turn part way thro a LARGE campaign, then resuming the turn at a later date, which incurs the " death by hundreds of clicks punishment " we need another save option " save by MAP co-ordinates I.E. xxx yyy ", to enable one to resume the turn at the point which you left.

Would it be possible for someone to make a APP for this purpose for John Tiller games.
11-03-2019, 07:50 PM,
Thanks for the replies.

I found out about the 'ask before advancing' option after I had posted, and it seems to do the trick.