• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Save .msi or whole folder?
10-30-2019, 01:38 PM,
Save .msi or whole folder?
Just picked up '41, and want to save a copy in case my hard drive croaks.  Think I saw window that said I could d/l 20 times within a month, but then does the .msi become usless after that month?  Just zip the folder it created instead?  Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2019, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 01:46 PM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Save .msi or whole folder?
All you will need is the installer that you originally downloaded (.msi).

Also make sure to copy and save your serial number.
10-30-2019, 01:50 PM,
(10-30-2019, 01:45 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: All you will need is the installer that you originally downloaded (.msi).

Also make sure to copy and save your serial number.

Thanks!  Once I saw Crete, I couldn't help myself.
10-30-2019, 10:41 PM,
You could always purchase an external HD. I did years ago and put all my games on it. So, if your puter goes down, you can still plug into another puter and keep playing until you get yours repaired or get another one. Don't have to DL anything.

I've had one for years. It went out and all I had to do is replace the power and was up and running in no time. No DLs.
11-03-2019, 02:35 PM,
(10-30-2019, 10:41 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: You could always purchase an external HD.  I did years ago and put all my games on it.  So, if your puter goes down, you can still plug into another puter and keep playing until you get yours repaired or get another one.  Don't have to DL anything.

I've had one for years.  It went out and all I had to do is replace the power and was up and running in no time.  No DLs.

Did exactly that, had an old Seagate Barracuda 500GB laying around.  Thanks!