• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Battle Icons
10-28-2019, 11:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 11:53 PM by KhanDam.)
Thumbs_Up  Squad Battle Icons
Hi,

After upgrading all SB I discover that if you fresh install a Game you got on desktop an beatiful Icon for it, but if you upgrade it you don't have them.

So for an homogeinity i collect some existing icon and remake the missing.

It's not my work it's the design of JTS but I put them in Ico File to allow more flexibility.

Find the Full Set Icon  for Squad Battle attached

Regards from France

Cheers

Find Icon Full set for PB/Pzc/CWB in respective Section

Attached Files
.zip   SB_Ico.zip (Size: 2.34 MB / Downloads: 18)
Semper-Fi - Siccut Aquila
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2019, 10:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 10:41 PM by Embis.)
RE: Squad Battle Icons
Thanks for this, There are two alternative options which might be easier to use, although your icons do look nice.

Firstly you could:
  1. navigate to the root directory of the game you are interested in, 
  2. Find the relevant .exe file and right click on it
  3. from the menu choose <send to> 
  4. from the fly out choose <desktop (create short cut)> 
and a short cut with the correct Icon will magically appear on your desktop.

The other, and probably better solution, is to download and install the John Tiller menu program which you can find on the John Tiller site at: the JTS resources page

Then you can just add one shortcut to your desk for that and launch all your JTS games from one place.

Smile
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
10-29-2019, 11:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 11:55 PM by KhanDam.)
Hello,

Thanks for your answer, but the purpose is not to create link on desktop, I know that ( several version ) but when you buy some years ago a game in Jts or HPS Web Site you have the installer and at this time the icon was a "poor" 32x32 dot in 16 or 256 color.
When you buy now the game the installer put an icon in 24bits/Colors and 256 Color Hi-Res somewhere in installed application, i know how to get them with out trouble.
so the creation of an old game style upgraded or not keep the old Icon.

The Trouble is when jts release an upgrade, it was only a zip encapsulated and it change lot of files but never the Icon, and because it don't use now the new installer, we don't have the Hires Icon

The Menu Program don't have any games icon. on it
Personaly in Window 7 and 10 i use a Dock applicatio to launch my Games and i have a folder in library who use Icon to link on the Game i can use the icon i would.

In my opinion the better thing is JTS offer this Hires icon in the Upgrade package to allow the user to use it or not

Chers
01-22-2020, 09:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 09:50 PM by KhanDam.)
Hi every body

Find here the new version icon for Africa at War who can be download on "Taskforce Echo 4" https://tfe4.wordpress.com/

completing ( for the moment ) the whole icon collection new standard

Cheers

Regards from France

.zip   AAW.zip (Size: 324.33 KB / Downloads: 2)