• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Should I look into these games?
12-22-2019, 06:03 AM,
RE: Should I look into these games?
You can make custom scenarios and make them "meeting engagements", where each player has to move a bit to come into contact...all the tools are there for you to do that with the game...
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2019, 06:35 AM,
(12-22-2019, 06:03 AM)rahamy Wrote: You can make custom scenarios and make them "meeting engagements", where each player has to move a bit to come into contact...all the tools are there for you to do that with the game...

But you can't move improved positions, trenches, booby traps, etc.
01-28-2020, 07:43 AM,
(12-22-2019, 05:52 AM)Mowgli Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 10:20 PM)rahamy Wrote: I'd need to dig a bit further, but I think the original - Vietnam - would be the best entry point for you.

Thanks, I went for the first one anyway. I like the small scenarios. I just wished there were more. ;)
https://youtu.be/s0BYEmVNM40

I just think it's a pity that playing on the defense is less interesting for a human opponents in H2H games? Wouldn't it be cool if there was an option for a kind of "sandbox multiplayer battle", in which both sides were allowed to deploy their troops (within certain boundaries/deployment zones)? Defense depends so much on positioning, so it's a pity not to have that part in the game. It would be great if the defender knew the objectives he needed to defend but could otherwise place his troops and defensive works as he saw fit.

What made you finally choose Vietnam over the other titles?