• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns Smolensk '41 Gold Scenario Editor
10-24-2019, 06:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2019, 06:42 AM by CelerEtAudax. Edit Reason: punctuation )
Help  Panzer Campaigns Smolensk '41 Gold Scenario Editor
I have been trying without success to modify Panzer Campaign scenarios and to produce my own using the three editors provided.  I can use the scenario editor to do stuff like move units around, fix them, demolish bridges etc.  but what I can't do for love nor money is change the quality values.

Nothing I have attempted has worked.  I have made my own OOB using the OOB editor, and I have even given my modified scenario and my OOB matching names - apart from the three digit tag that is - but without any joy.  

If there is any good Samaritan out there, could you PLEASE walk/talk me through what I should do.  The scenario I am attempting to modify is  #0713 Gusino.  The title is 'The Strip' when you boot it up.  I need to dial down the unit quality values which are set at 'A' for both Russians and Germans.

Any/All help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Richard
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2019, 07:34 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns Smolensk '41 Gold Scenario Editor
The Quality values need to be edited in the .oob file for each unit in question using the pcoob.exe. You say that you have already created your own OOB, so I guess you have already done this. Next you need to open the .scn file with Notepad, or something similar that allows you to edit text. The name of the .oob file will be shown as Gusino.oob, so you need to change this to the name of your OOB and then save it. I think that is all that  is required.
10-24-2019, 09:15 AM,
Green has it about right I believe. And, you should make a copy of the game .scn for your changes. This would support both playing H2H, and when updates are made, to avoid having it overwritten by the default scenario and thus lost.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-25-2019, 06:38 AM,
(10-24-2019, 07:34 AM)Green Wrote: The Quality values need to be edited in the .oob file for each unit in question using the pcoob.exe. You say that you have already created your own OOB, so I guess you have already done this. Next you need to open the .scn file with Notepad, or something similar that allows you to edit text. The name of the .oob file will be shown as Gusino.oob, so you need to change this to the name of your OOB and then save it. I think that is all that  is required.

Many thanks!

Richard.
10-25-2019, 06:39 AM,
(10-24-2019, 09:15 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Green has it about right I believe. And, you should make a copy of the game .scn for your changes. This would support both playing H2H, and when updates are made, to avoid having it overwritten by the default scenario and thus lost.

Rick

Thanks Rick.