• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '46 - Operation Coronet Released!
11-02-2019, 12:26 PM,
RE: Japan '46 - Operation Coronet Released!
On Japan 46', just want to flag a minor issue I discovered for any folks looking to try the main Coronet campaign. At hex 181, 119, in the center of the Japanese beach defenses on South Sheridan Beach on the east coast, the hex has an obstacle, not a bunker. I believe it was a mistake, since the hex contains a Japanese coastal battery, infantry garrison and AT gun, and the usual for sites of Japanese coastal batteries on a beach is to be in a bunker. A small but significant issue, as the Japanese units will get vaporized on turn one, opening up an early gap. This can be easily fixed using the scenario editor, but just wanted to flag for the designers in case they are planning an early patch so they can include this. I believe it is an issue with all the Operation Coronet scenarios, and perhaps the ones relevant to the east coast beach scenarios as well (haven't checked those - just the Coronet campaigns). Hope this is helpful, but if anyone is planning to try Operation Coronet campaign suggest they do a quick mod of that hex.
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2019, 01:46 PM,
RE: Japan '46 - Operation Coronet Released!
Thank you sir, good catch. I will be sure to pass that along.
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply