• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Campaign Game for Rzhev '42 Gold
11-12-2019, 01:06 PM,
RE: New Campaign Game for Rzhev '42 Gold
César,

"This an inteteresting question. Since that dividion junture with 78th ID was attacked by elements of 29th Army I decided against fixing the unit in case russian player put in that area more troops than they historically did."

That makes sense and anyway, if the Germans moved this division it would leave a rather serious gap in the line.

"I will change it. 
Supply is not a concern, in general,  forces are better supplied than in history."

Great. I think that would be an improvement and the effect on supply is small. It would not be so easy to change in games like Kharhov '43 or Moscow '42 as the supply lines are longer and the supply effects would be considerably greater, but should work well in this one.

"Another interesting question. In this case after a long time thinking about if that area would hold until 9th PzD arrives (which is critical for the game) I decided releasing the division a little earlier to ensure germans have reasonable chances to block the main thrust there."

I knew there would be a good reason. And if the road movement rate is increased, this will also slow them down a bit.

"As you say it's quite minor but if anyone can provide sources claming GR.14 was with the division by November 1942 I will change it."

I have no sources other than Glantz, who usually refers to it as the Gr.Rgt.14 (Occasionally he omits the Grenadier designation and refers to it as Inf.Rgt.14). And it may not count as a source but it is included as Inf.Rgt.14 in the Moscow '42 game. But really I have no idea and just flagged it as a possible error since 14 and 141 are quite similar.   

Thanks for taking my comments seriously and taking the time to answer. Most appreciated. If I come up with anything else, I will let you know. Keep up the good work!

John
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Campaign Game for Rzhev '42 Gold - by Strela - 10-09-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: New Campaign Game for Rzhev '42 Gold - by Green - 11-12-2019, 01:06 PM