• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

fire value for mortars
04-03-2020, 08:05 AM,
RE: fire value for mortars
Gday David!

any news on updating the Panzer Battles games regarding this buglet?

cheers, Chris
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2020, 07:16 PM,
(04-03-2020, 08:05 AM)Chris Merchant Wrote: Gday David!

any news on updating the Panzer Battles games regarding this buglet?

cheers, Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the reminder.

Let me see if we can get this done in the next week or so.

We may do them as hot fixes so they are just exe updates etc.

David
12-12-2020, 01:07 PM,
Did this ever get fixed? I always found the mortars useless but thought it was just me.
12-12-2020, 09:17 PM,
(12-12-2020, 01:07 PM)blond_knight Wrote: Did this ever get fixed?  I always found the mortars useless but thought it was just me.

Hi,

Blond Knight it is fixed, but not released (yet).

We have actually been testing this in a new title and are working through some challenges.

All artillery was affected by the bug and the lethality of artillery has increased pretty substantially across the board. You don't to be where rockets hit.

Our concern is that we may unbalance earlier titles if we roll this out as is and just want to work through some different options. There is not an issue with artillery being more lethal, the issue is the number of times it can fire, particularly in defensive fire.

So apologies for the delay, but this is being actively worked on.

David
12-13-2020, 12:36 AM,
"We have actually been testing this in a new title and are working through some challenges."

You have my undivided attention. Please let me know if you need another tester.
12-13-2020, 06:40 AM,
This would be a great fix. Does the problem apply in any way at all to PC games as well? I can't recall now what the cause of the problem is, but I was wondering if the same code issues were in the PC series? You would notice it less in there, maybe, being as individual counters would usually have more guns. Or is this just a PB issue?
12-13-2020, 12:55 PM,
(12-13-2020, 06:40 AM)phoenix Wrote: This would be a great fix. Does the problem apply in any way at all to PC games as well? I can't recall now what the cause of the problem is, but I was wondering if the same code issues were in the PC series? You would notice it less in there, maybe, being as individual counters would usually have more guns. Or is this just a PB issue?

No it’s PzB only.

It’s all to do with the density modifier which was going below 1.0 when a unit was smaller than the stacking limit. It now stays at 1.0 which is making a big difference overall. The density modifier was intended to scale up only, not both ways.

Artillery is now a big killer if it catches units in the open.

Our issue is that with such killing power it’s too flexible and are testing the use of dedicated spotters for the higher level guns (corps and army etc) to put some limitations to use in.

David
12-13-2020, 12:56 PM,
(12-13-2020, 12:36 AM)blond_knight Wrote: "We have actually been testing this in a new title and are working through some challenges."

You have my undivided attention.  Please let me know if you need another tester.

Still early days, but I may need a few more testers...

I will PM you when ready...

David
12-15-2020, 09:43 AM,
"Our concern is that we may unbalance earlier titles if we roll this out as is..."

I always play as the Germans, its not like Im used to winning.
12-22-2020, 07:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2020, 01:20 AM by phoenix.)
Hey David. I think this fix is quite important and I'm very glad you've found it and are working on it, thanks. Any chance of it being released as a hotfix for each title as its done, as at the moment I'm holding off playing PB titles waiting for it. Peter

PS: Is the beta exe in post 21 of this thread a complete fix for this issue for PBNA?