• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whispers from the East ?
09-29-2019, 11:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 11:12 PM by Don Czirr.)
Whispers from the East ?
So ... I have 2 JTS gift cards burning a hole in my pocket  Wink

One is reserved for the Soviet Afghan war in SB and the other is dangling over FWWC.

Tannenberg is nice but has been covered elsewhere.

Galicia is a lot more enticing for this Russophile but am not sure even if it is a "thing" at this point. (although I suspect)

Anyways I would be willing to wait till end of year to spend on that.

Any little birds out there that might whisper to be patient and "hold" for now ?

Or alternatively "go" and seek my fortune on in East Prussia ?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2019, 01:59 AM,
RE: Whispers from the East ?
I can't tell you any more than there is another FWWC title nearing completion but I can't say for sure if it will be out by the end of 2019 of very early in 2020, if I told you the subject manner I would shot at dawn!!  Whistle

So the choice is yours if you should buy EP14 now or wait to see what the next title is...……... Wink
09-30-2019, 02:57 AM,
Drats !  no un-coded radio messages coming in from STAVKA ?   Big Grin2

Oh well ... worth a try  ....

Thanks though - for the confirmation tidbit on the near completion of "another FWWC" title.
Send this user an email
09-30-2019, 11:06 AM,
EP14 has a lot of good stuff. If you are at all interested in that period you will not be disappointed. Sure, it has Tannenberg, but it has the whole campaign that leads up to the battle, allowing both sides to change the terms and location of the campaign's final battle. And 1st Masurian. And 2nd Masurian, and an epic 150+ turn Lodz Campaign scenario. And the major battles of the Lodz campaign...

I am dreaming of a German 1918 Offensive but am expecting, from the few "official" bread crumbs that we will get the Austrian front of 1914, which will be fantastic unto itself.
09-30-2019, 10:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2019, 10:20 PM by Don Czirr.)
Right - I agree that Kaiserschlacht would also be good as a future title. (especially a linked campaign where German speed and performance might change the outcome)

In general, I'm just happy to see WW1 gaming on the rise with JTS and others ...

Back in the day, the perception was that WW1 was synonymous with boredom. Over the last 10 years, several quality releases have made folks reconsider that stance.

Looking even further down the line - seeing the Ottoman perspective, I believe, would be interesting as well.

Russian - Ottoman border clashes / vs England and allies - including Turks in the Romanian Campaign and Salonika etc ....
Send this user an email
09-30-2019, 10:22 PM,
In a post a few months ago someone who seemed quite informed stated that the new FWWC title would be released before October; so have the release times changed? I also ask for planning purchases
10-01-2019, 12:44 AM,
Fabio---I have no relationship to the WWI Campaigns but have been a playtester on several Napoleonic Tiller games and one Panzer Campaign game and I will state based on my experience that release times are only estimates. No one at JTS does this work full time, even John Tiller, so it is really hard for the people making the games to give solid estimates of when something will be released...

So, we know one is coming, maybe in a month maybe in 6 months. maybe longer... but at least we know at least one more game is coming!!!

And Fabio, I believe you owe me a turn!

Jim
10-01-2019, 04:05 AM,
(10-01-2019, 12:44 AM)jim pfleck Wrote: Fabio---I have no relationship to the WWI Campaigns but have been a playtester on several Napoleonic Tiller games and one Panzer Campaign game and I will state based on my experience that release times are only estimates.  No one at JTS does this work full time, even John Tiller, so it is really hard for the people making the games to give solid estimates of when something will be released...

So, we know one is coming, maybe in a month maybe in 6 months. maybe longer... but at least we know at least one more game is coming!!!

And Fabio, I believe you owe me a turn!

Jim

Hi Jim! Thumbs Up 
Well, let's say then that we are all waiting for a new "reliable" estimate of exit times, in order to better evaluate new purchases... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
 I certainly can't wait to play by e-mail, but the scenarios will have to be well studied first Helmet Wink
10-01-2019, 06:51 AM,
Well, even when you can evaluate a purchase if you want the discount you need join 5 titles that is a killer for impulse buy Cry

In WWI are interesting battles-campaigns and with more to offer apart trenches blood and mud.

For example i allways find interesting the Meggido campaign because armies are small for the WWI standards and is a lot more mobile combat + some exotic flavour, being a small battle help create interesting what ifs and variants adding a few extra units (bigger Asia Corps and why not USA and France reinforcements).

Anyway in late 2019 or earlier 2020 a new title is going to arrive to FWW serie... part other titles in other series.

Kaiserschlacht is interesting to maybe like F14 but with more deadly but better protected units... closer to PzC but lacking armored divisions and an arty less flexible to move foward and be ready to support as fast as you can find in PzC.
10-01-2019, 07:25 AM,
Yes, still chipping away at it.  After EP14 was released, I made a conscious decision to "work faster", but years later - it is easier said than done.

The other issue is that I am probably make these FWWC titles too large. Both F14 and EP14 could be at least two different games for a total of four releases. But that said, that is another reason why they take so long, and the next title will be HUGE, in regards to the number of campaigns in it. Big Grin
Send this user an email