• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Travel mode effect on fatigue recovery?
09-14-2019, 07:17 PM,
RE: Travel mode effect on fatigue recovery?
(09-14-2019, 12:16 PM)dukemat Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 04:11 AM)CheerfullyInsane Wrote: Correct.
As long as the unit isn't Disrupted, moves, fires or is fired upon, it'll recover fatigue.
Proximity to HQs is irrelevant as well, that only comes into play with Disruption recovery.

being "disrupted" does not prevent fatigue recovery. no mention of being disrupted in the rules.

Huh.....Could've sworn I've read that some where.
I stand corrected. Smile

(09-14-2019, 12:46 PM)Green Wrote:
(09-14-2019, 10:28 AM)CheerfullyInsane Wrote: But in campaign games, fatigue-management becomes paramount. Not only does high fatigue lower the combat-effectiveness by itself, it also lowers morale which further erodes the combat-values.

Is it actually correct that lowering Morale 'erodes combat values'?  I thought the modifier was based on Quality not Morale.

Poorly phrased on my part.
What I meant was that not only does fatigue directly modify your assault/fire resolution, it also lowers the morale of the unit making it far less likely to stay undisrupted.
Probably shouldn't have used the phrase 'combat-values' though.
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2019, 01:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 01:15 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Sorry, yes I missed the bit about disrupted units, I can confirm they do recover from fatigue.  Wink 

Remember the only way broken units ever return to an undistrupted status is for them to reduce their fatigue to a point where they become disrupted and then eventually recover from disruption.
09-15-2019, 09:29 AM,
Apologies for hijacking the thread with another question, but can units ever recover/gain morale?
09-15-2019, 10:00 AM,
(09-15-2019, 09:29 AM)CountryBoy Wrote: Apologies for hijacking the thread with another question, but can units ever recover/gain morale?

Units recover Morale by losing the effect that caused it to be lowered in the first place. Fatigue, Disruption, Broken, Low Ammo, Low Fuel and Isolation reduce Morale so reversing these states results in Morale being recovered.

But the unit Quality determines the maximum Morale level, so it cannot be raised above that level.