• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
09-11-2019, 11:56 AM,
Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
I'm a newbie looking to try my hand at PBEM. I currently only own Smolensk '41, but would be willing to pick up one of the other games too -- but only Eastern Front. I'm game for pretty much anything prior to 1944 and tend to like bigger scenarios. I could probably sustain a turn-a-day tempo for a while, but would prefer to play someone who's okay with flexibility on that as I have young kids and can get quite busy at times.
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2019, 12:48 AM,
RE: Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Pick a S41 scenario that you want to play and send it.

Landser34 at  gmail  dot com
09-16-2019, 08:28 AM,
(09-11-2019, 11:56 AM)Zoetermeer Wrote: I'm a newbie looking to try my hand at PBEM.  I currently only own Smolensk '41, but would be willing to pick up one of the other games too -- but only Eastern Front.  I'm game for pretty much anything prior to 1944 and tend to like bigger scenarios.  I could probably sustain a turn-a-day tempo for a while, but would prefer to play someone who's okay with flexibility on that as I have young kids and can get quite busy at times.

welcome! If you have/get K'43 let me know as I love that title.
09-17-2019, 02:27 AM,
Welcome to the joys of PBEM...……………. Smile
09-17-2019, 02:30 AM,
(09-16-2019, 08:28 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 11:56 AM)Zoetermeer Wrote: I'm a newbie looking to try my hand at PBEM.  I currently only own Smolensk '41, but would be willing to pick up one of the other games too -- but only Eastern Front.  I'm game for pretty much anything prior to 1944 and tend to like bigger scenarios.  I could probably sustain a turn-a-day tempo for a while, but would prefer to play someone who's okay with flexibility on that as I have young kids and can get quite busy at times.

Do you mean Kursk or Kharkov?  I imagine you probably mean Kharkov -- seems to me like more fun and mobility (and perhaps balance).
09-17-2019, 10:29 PM,
(09-17-2019, 02:30 AM)Zoetermeer Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:28 AM)HirooOnoda Wrote:

Do you mean Kursk or Kharkov?  I imagine you probably mean Kharkov -- seems to me like more fun and mobility (and perhaps balance).

I meant Kursk.