• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Legacy Selection Screen--- Help
08-26-2019, 03:54 PM,
Help  Legacy Selection Screen--- Help
I can't remember how to activate the Legacy File Selection Screen, as I am not seeing it in any of the main game folders.

Can someone help me out? Batman Confused

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2019, 10:12 PM,
RE: Legacy Selection Screen--- Help
Desert2 

Desert 

Hello?
08-26-2019, 10:43 PM,
In the Windows Start Menu, under John Tiller Software, look up the Legacy Start selections.

That would be in Windows 10.  I expect it would be similar in earlier Windows versions.
08-27-2019, 12:58 AM,
Thanks berto.

I run Win7.

I have all 4 PzB titles however, the "legacy option" is only present in the North Africa title; not in BON, Kursk, or Demo.
08-27-2019, 07:46 AM,
Hmm. Creation of the "Legacy Start" shortcuts is a function of the installer, outside of my bailiwick. Also, I have no idea how the installer would deal with this in Windows 7. We will have to see what the WDS/JTS folks say.
08-27-2019, 12:50 PM,
What is the Legacy screen?
08-27-2019, 08:04 PM,
The "Legacy screen" is the traditional, smaller sized scenario selection dialog (with some background graphics added as chrome).

We offer it as an option, because (a) the new, default, large dialog is too big for some smaller monitor displays, and (b) the large dialog is mangled (for unknown reason) on some larger monitor displays.
08-29-2019, 03:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 03:54 AM by KAreil.)
Didn't someone mention in another tread that the "Legacy screen"-shortcut is only created with the setup of the game?
So NA41 has it from beginning but if you used an older setup of the other titles and then applied the patch it couldn't create the shortcut?
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
08-29-2019, 03:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 04:07 AM by KAreil.)
Okay, so there is an easy workaround based on the "Legacy"-shortcut of NA41 which has this as "target" in properties:

"D:\Games\JohnTiller\JTS PanzerBattles_NorthAfrica1941\bona41.exe" -d

I've made a shortcut for Kursk with that -d and it now uses the "Legacy"-menu again:

"D:\Games\JohnTiller\JTS PanzerBattles_KurskSouthernFlank\boks.exe" -d
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
08-29-2019, 04:58 AM,
Yes, thank you for pointing that out, KAreil. Indeed, creating a shortcut to the game and appending -d (outside the quoted game EXE path string!) calls the legacy, small scenario selection dialog.

(I had not mentioned that, because I wanted other members of the Dev Team to address the issue first, but also because some people find it confusing to make shortcuts and to muck with the installation in any way.)