• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Panzer Campaigns Updates
08-25-2019, 11:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 02:56 AM by Strela.)
New Panzer Campaigns Updates
Hi All,

All have been hard at work and we can finally release some work from our pipeline.

Firstly, the big update of Japan '45 to version 1.01 is available. You can see what has been changed and other info here; WDS Blog Post

The Japan '45 update is not the previously mentioned interim patch, but rather the full enchilada including the correction to the AI for bridge assaults. A big thanks to John Tiller and Rich Hamilton who assisted here.

We have also put out updates for France '40 Gold and Minsk '44 Gold for the AI issue. Why these two titles? France '40 was specifically promised and Minsk '44 was our test bed for getting the AI to work. Other titles will receive the AI revision as we work through future patch cycles. Please do read the patch notes re this change as there were a lot of broader considerations such as preventing defenders from leaving positions to blindly assault across a bridge etc.

You can get all three patches from the John Tiller Software Updates Page here; Updates link

Thanks,

David
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2019, 01:53 AM,
RE: New Panzer Campaigns Updates
Thanks for all your team's work on this. It is appreciated.
08-26-2019, 03:50 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: New Panzer Campaigns Updates
Thanks David, great work as always Helmet Smile
08-26-2019, 04:23 AM,
Hey David:  Smoke7

Thank you and your Team for these enhancements and corrections!  Hat Hooray

I especially like the better defined paddy fields and ship imagery!  Big Grin

Well done and greatly appreciated!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-26-2019, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 07:19 AM by All_American.)
I actually did like the ship images better in the old version.

It felt like it suited the general appearance of the game better - if we have historical photos for ships, why don't we have them for tanks?

Although I get the idea behind the ship images, since they are supposed to be the very same historical ship they represent in the scenario. So mine is a very minor complaint.

Stellar work from WDS team as always, the one and only videogame studio that I never regret purchasing anything from.
08-27-2019, 03:01 AM,
Great work! Thanks too all who played a part! J
08-27-2019, 11:09 AM,
Thank you!
"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach
08-28-2019, 04:23 AM,
Great work by all the team, thank you.  Big Grin