• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Seeking Opponent For A Large Sized Battle - 2nd Try
08-25-2019, 02:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 02:38 PM by 2-81 Armor.)
Opponent Needed  Seeking Opponent For A Large Sized Battle - 2nd Try
Hi All,

This is my 2nd attempt at this. The first game fell through NOT because of my opponent, but only because we encountered various technical problems during playing.

So, once again I'm seeking an opponent for a large battle scenario. I'm open to playing either side, and can average a turn every 1-2 days if that's acceptable. I'm located in the eastern US Time Zone.

Games I own in the Civil War series include everything with the exception of Ozark.

Caveat: I like to play in a historical fashion, always trying (not always possible I know) to keep units within command radius of their leaders.

I'd also like to set up a game where we can use phased defensive fire without multiple by phase email exchanges. Here's a snippet of a prior post in this forum where I was verifying how to do it: PBEM Phased fire: A year ago I was in a PBEM battle (Murfreesboro) where my opponent coached me on how to set up the game so that we could have phased defensive fire in it, but would still be able to exchange emails by Turn rather than by Phases. All I can recall is it had something to do with what combination of options were selected at game start (sort of manipulating the system). It did work, and we were able to fight the entire battle this way with no problems, exchanging entire Turns, not Phases by email. It's about 11 or so Threads down.

If anyone would like to try out the huge Gettysburg scenario that I posted here a few months back, I'd be very happy to take you on in that one. You can either download the files needed from the thread, or I can provide then via email.

Thanks for looking, and you can either email or PM me if you want to set something up. Maybe the 2nd time around will turn the trick.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2019, 06:34 AM,
RE: Seeking Opponent For A Large Sized Battle - 2nd Try
I don't have time for another game right now (which is too bad, I prefer phased play).

But, to play how you are describing, in the optional rules, you need to click on

manual defensive fire
automated defensive fire

The first of those rules sets up phases and the second has the a.i. handle the defensive fire.
09-07-2019, 05:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 02:51 AM by Art Ozols.)
I would be happy to take you on in Gettysburg

I have been away for about a year and a half tending to family issues that have been resolved life is back to normal and would like to resume playing again

Art Ozols
09-14-2019, 02:48 PM,
Would you be willing to play Chickamauga as the Rebels?