• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Winter is coming... and is a good notice
08-23-2019, 03:48 AM,
News  Winter is coming... and is a good notice
Looks like JT is sending an e-mail to inform about an exciting end of year + a promising new year.

Maybe the "secret" PzC covering a battle set in late war in west is going to appear earlier than is expected and well, update old series could offer new titles for them, same next year when the little (but bloodier) brother serie of PzC receive a well earned update (i have faith to see a reworked OOB for middle east and the missing M47  Rolling Eyes ) and why not a new title (historical or not... something in asia early 50s or middle east in 80s-90s).

"Greetings to All, 

JTS Software will be working on updating Squad Battles, Early American Wars & Naval Campaign series games. Below is the email sent by JTS to subscribers: 

Summer activities at JTS 

Touching Base 
We hope everyone has had a good summer. We've been busy with a variety of things since the release of Japan '45 and wanted to make sure you were aware of what has come out. 

Panzer Campaigns Gold update cycle was completed on May 11th. 
Panzer Battles games were updated on July 14th. 
A new version of the Menu Program was released on August 3rd. 
Campaign Overland was updated to 3.00, completing the CWB update cycle, today. 
In addition to all of this we are planning to release updates for the following series of games before the end of the year: 
Squad Battles 
Early American War 
Naval Campaigns 

If all goes well we are aiming to have new updates out for all series of games by the end of 2020, so keep your eyes peeled for more changes in the months ahead. 

And, while we always like to keep details close until we are very close to release, we fully expect to see at least 2 to 3 new games released before the end of 2019. 

So head on over to the update page and get the new goodies for your games: 

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Updates.html 

Or at the mirror site: 

http://jtsmirror.com/Updates.html 

And see the Resource page for the new version of the Menu program: 

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Resources.php 

And of course you can always head to the store to expand your collection as needed. :-) 
https://john-tiller-software.myshopify.com/ "

PD: i need see whats is wrong with my e-mail because i think i suscribe to JT news.
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2019, 02:01 PM,
RE: Winter is coming... and is a good notice
Xaver,

Can you share a little more on the Mid-East issues?

I am (slowly) working through these titles to get them to Gold Status and any insights would be appreciated. That does not guarantee I can fix things, but if I am aware of the problem I can consider them.

One other thing to be aware of, we are including all of Volcanoman's work (like the PzC series) and if that corrects the Mid-East issues, then great. I have been working through the Korea '85 title (which was originally designed by Volcanoman) and I'm surprised more people have not looked at it. The additional work Ed did with this title to include the Chinese and other factors is just superb. I'm looking forward to getting it all included in the Gold version.

David
08-24-2019, 03:37 AM,
Quote:...expect to see at least 2 to 3 new games released before the end of 2019

My guess:

1) The teasered late war western front PzC title

2) The next FWWC title where we know far too little about    Whistle

3) No idea about the 3rd one...any news I missed?
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
08-24-2019, 09:24 AM,
Well, the OOB in the title was allways an aproximation in the israel side, i think even today is not 100% released the historical OOB (to be the only MC historical title today some info about OOB is dark) but in the jordanian side in game all Pattons are M48 when M47 was present to and if i remember it well with 1 M47 squadrons attached to 1 or 2 infantry brigades (i think around 30 M47 were in jordanian service)

Related with the first point i think some Centurion squadrons where with one of first line brigades.

In general de armor deployment is not 100% correct and maybe that squadrons need appear in OOB with ability to divide at platoon level to simulate they were not an armored fist (like the armored brigades in rear) being more a support class for infantry fighting more dispersed.

Volcanoman uses the old OOB but adapted to the McNamara changes in unit stats.

Korea85 is a good title and the Chinese add-on from Volcanoman a great improvement but i remember chinese infantry divisions lacked towed artillery, they had rocket trucks???

Great know you are working in MIA series.

PD: the 2 first titles are my options to (FWW i asume is going to complete Tannenberg in the south but with central powers bite the dust, i dont count the serbian part) but 3rd title is a big ? for me... i discard a nap title because who keep serie alived is not in PzC but the other series... even long time "dead" series could receive a title but maybe i see more interesting a new serie, is not like are battles i want see in actual series but...
08-25-2019, 09:38 AM,
This is really nice to see the older series getting updates. 1776 was John's first game he released and one of my favorites. The rest of the EAW series is a blast to play as well. Nice to see the venerable Squad Battles series getting an update as well as the Naval series.
08-28-2019, 06:52 AM,
Oooo, a little question, i remember Middle east title had a pair of custom scens set in 1948 war... a Bersheba scen and other in Sinai... we are going to see these 2 scens in Gold version??? i allways find them interesting specially Bersheba scen.

Thanks.

PD: i remember that Sirians used old tanks as bunkers... is possible have a few of them in 67 scens??? something like the Austrian border cent turrets in Danube front.
09-11-2019, 04:53 AM,
Any seak peak about new titles coming this year??? 

Every small bone is allways wellcome  Drum

Thank you.

PD: any word about changes in MC gold versions outside graphics and mcnamara scens??? i refer if new content could be add like in some PzC gold versions with recised campaigns... i allways want see MC covering the 2nd part of war, when first line units were burned and 2nd and even 3rd line units enter in the battle (an interesting point covered in "Red Storm").
09-11-2019, 11:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 11:20 AM by Strela.)
(09-11-2019, 04:53 AM)Xaver Wrote: Any seak peak about new titles coming this year??? 

Every small bone is allways wellcome  Drum

Thank you.

PD: any word about changes in MC gold versions outside graphics and mcnamara scens??? i refer if new content could be add like in some PzC gold versions with recised campaigns... i allways want see MC covering the 2nd part of war, when first line units were burned and 2nd and even 3rd line units enter in the battle (an interesting point covered in "Red Storm").

As far as Modern Campaigns, if there are third party scenarios already available and the designer gives us permission then there is a chance for additional content.

That was the way the PzC Gold inclusions worked. For example I have spoken to Tazaaron about including his popular Bolt from the Blue mod and that may be included in Danube Front.

Don't expect me to create brand new content though. This is a huge job just collating the scenarios and updating all the artwork (which is massive in itself).

I'm currently working on Korea '85 and that is coming together quite nicely. If I have time I may post a blog post on it.

A final comment, while working on the Gold updates, I am not working on new content. The more you want included in the Gold update, the longer it will take for new product to come out...

David
09-12-2019, 06:31 AM,
Thanks for the reply.

Well, maybe what i want see is more material for a new title and not a gold version... call it "name of the MC game 85 part 2" in a title focused in the war after 34 weeks or war with 2nd line units in the line of fire.

A blog post is something wellcome, maybe you can mix it with info for 2019 things to come.

Again thanks for the info.