• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Disappearing units
08-18-2019, 10:25 PM,
Disappearing units
I'm playing a game of Market Garden against the AI, and I have isolated 7 companies of British airborne west of Arnhem. During the AI turn, five of these just vanished. What happened? Where did they go? They all had xxx men, so a lot of soldiers just disappeared.
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2019, 12:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 10:38 PM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
RE: Disappearing units
Were they all in one hex or an area of hexes? One hex with an assault could be death or surrender, but, doubtful because they're AB. So, I'm guessing an area and they have moved out of LOS of your units.

Just a guess.
08-19-2019, 07:54 AM,
Or if on the map edge they can be withdrawn, but I don't know that the AI will do that, while players may.
[Image: exercise.png]
08-19-2019, 08:14 AM,
[attachment=4797 Wrote:Outlaw Josey Wales pid='432022' dateline='1566139787']Were they all in one hex or an area of hexes?  One hex with an assault could be death or surrender, but, doubtful because they AB.  So, I'm guessing an area and they have moved out of LOS of your units.

Just a guess.

I don't think it's a LOS issue.

This is a screenshot of the situation - note the stack of 5 para units in the middle:

[Image: Capture.JPG]

This is after the AI turn - where did the other three units go? There was no combat either.

[Image: Capture2.JPG]
08-19-2019, 08:28 AM,
My guess is that they merged/re-combined.

Jison
Send this user an email
08-19-2019, 08:32 AM,
Ah, that must be it! Thanks Jison!
08-19-2019, 03:28 PM,
Thumbsup! Good answer, Jison ;) Sneaky AI ....