• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Smolensk - Orsha Scenario - Units stuck on arrival
08-07-2019, 06:46 AM,
Smolensk - Orsha Scenario - Units stuck on arrival
I am playing the Orsha alternative scenario (0708_02sAlt) and a good portion of the GD Division makes an entrance on hex  0,101 - which is a marsh hex - as a result they are simply stuck there - no roads or rail lead out of the hex - or am I missing something that lets me move them out of the hex?

If not, is there a way to edit the scenario so these units can be used?

In the campaign game (0708_01sAlt) that hex has a rail in it that leads to the next hex...

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2019, 07:25 AM,
RE: Smolensk - Orsha Scenario - Units stuck on arrival
Using pcedit.exe, I checked the hex for that scenario. It does have a rail in it, but, it is obscured by the supply source. Try putting a unit in travel mode and see if that works. The other option is to try putting the unit in rail mode.
08-07-2019, 07:30 AM,
The units arrived in travel mode - when I tried to change one of them to rail mode it gave the error message "Can only change to Rail Mode in hex containing valid rail line."
08-07-2019, 09:13 AM,
In that case, I recommend you contact software support at:

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Support.php
08-07-2019, 09:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 09:17 AM by Deturk.)
As I remember the Germans can not use the Rails in Smolensk. Also did you try to put the unit "on foot"?
08-07-2019, 11:01 AM,
It won't let me change from travel mode - error message is "Unit cannot deploy in current terrain"
08-07-2019, 11:05 AM,
(08-07-2019, 09:13 AM)wildb Wrote: In that case, I recommend you contact software support at:

Just did - thanks
08-07-2019, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 12:47 PM by Strela.)
(08-07-2019, 11:05 AM)dwin Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 09:13 AM)wildb Wrote: In that case, I recommend you contact software support at:

Just did - thanks

Here is a corrected map. I will take full responsibility for breaking some of the scenarios. We migrated the more detailed Minsk map across into the Smolensk Gold release and there was some differences.

I had hoped we had found them all, but unfortunately it's now obvious we didn't.

The hex in question (0,101), doesn't have any rail or road int it and you could only move out of the hex by going on foot. Not the best solution, particularly for HQ's etc.

I'm attaching a revised map. This should show up in game once you overwrite the original map.

If you are playing PBEM, please ensure your opponent uses this latest map also.

Thanks,

David

Attached Files
.zip   Smolensk Big.zip (Size: 116.41 KB / Downloads: 24)
08-09-2019, 10:28 AM,
That worked - thanks!
08-09-2019, 03:53 PM,
(08-07-2019, 12:46 PM)Strela Wrote: Here is a corrected map. I will take full responsibility for breaking some of the scenarios. We migrated the more detailed Minsk map across into the Smolensk Gold release and there was some differences.

I had hoped we had found them all, but unfortunately it's now obvious we didn't.

David

Is this why there are no more fords on the Dvina or the Dnepr?