• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First impressions of the new updates
08-05-2019, 04:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 04:17 PM by Embis.)
My 2 Cents  First impressions of the new updates
Wow!
A really nice compilation of mods and improvements to graphics that lift these games massively. A common criticism of this series was always that the graphics were rather poor... well, they can't say that now...and its not just improved graphics, some additional scenarios as well.. a lovely piece of work.

If you haven't already been in touch with Rich to get the updates then you really should. 

..and if criticism of the graphics put you off this series before, now is definitely the time change your mind...Head over there..

..and although I know these updates are the work of many very talented people I have to single out Ed Pacitto for particular posthumous thanks. The wonderfully talented Ed, AKA Ritchie61 whose  great work is so prominent in these updates. Thanks Ed, what a marvelous contribution you made to our community. Your presence in these updates is strongly felt. You are remembered.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2019, 07:40 PM,
RE: First impressions of the new updates
Can you share some screenshots with the new graphics ?
08-07-2019, 10:52 AM,
(08-05-2019, 07:40 PM)wiggum Wrote: Can you share some screenshots with the new graphics ?

From AoTR:
[Image: snapshot.gif]

[Image: snapshot2.gif]
Napoleon I
08-18-2019, 05:33 PM,
(08-07-2019, 10:52 AM)Embis Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 07:40 PM)wiggum Wrote: Can you share some screenshots with the new graphics ?

From AoTR:
[Image: snapshot.gif]

[Image: snapshot2.gif]

JTS just announced an official update of the Squad Battle series:

In addition to all of this we are planning to release updates for the following series of games before the end of the year:
  • Squad Battles

• Early American War

• Naval Campaigns
Hopefully that’s a Gold level update.
08-25-2019, 04:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 05:52 AM by Warhorse.)
I'm helping out with graphics for this series. Goal is to try and get unique graphic for each weapon/unit. Recoloring all the weapons as well, so not so cartoon looking.

For instance, here is the Tauchpanzer III, based on the Pz III G, ready to go wading! Before this was just the same tank as the Panzer III.

[Image: Tauchpanzer%20III.jpg]
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-31-2019, 03:02 AM,
Really lovely work!
Napoleon I
09-02-2019, 09:07 AM,
(08-31-2019, 03:02 AM)Embis Wrote: Really lovely work!

Here is a scenario I made using the Rumanians, the tank versus tank clash near Kotsovskoye!! My first scenario, used Google Earth for the map, and fudging through the process of scenario-making with Squad battles. AI not doing much, need to learn about that, but wanted to give a sneak preview of the Rumanians!

[Image: AoTR%20Rum.jpg]
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
09-04-2019, 10:52 PM,
If they have not been done yet, they need to upgrade the 2d maps to PBs style.