• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korea
06-11-2019, 06:52 AM,
Korea
Greetings all! 

I just started the scenario "Dam Savers" against Travis.  I notice that many if not most of my Chinese squads have more men than weapons carried.  For example, a 10 man squad only carries 8 weapons.  Except for the lone one-man squad who carries 4 weapons!  

Is this typical for the Chinese in Korea?  Was it their practice to have men with no weapons?  Simulating a non-commissioned officer? 

Strange
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2019, 10:25 AM,
RE: Korea
A lot of the time they were unarmed. Sometimes whole groups were only given grenades to open up holes in lines for the next groups to come through.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-11-2019, 12:40 PM,
(06-11-2019, 06:52 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: Greetings all! 

I just started the scenario "Dam Savers" against Travis.  I notice that many if not most of my Chinese squads have more men than weapons carried.  For example, a 10 man squad only carries 8 weapons.  Except for the lone one-man squad who carries 4 weapons!  

Is this typical for the Chinese in Korea?  Was it their practice to have men with no weapons?  Simulating a non-commissioned officer? 

Strange

Can't say I recall seeing that before however, I opened the scenario and I am seeing what you are seeing.

Wild Bill, who created a ton of top quality scenarios, back in the day, created this one.

I would suggest sending a email to JTS support and maybe they can look into it, before the new SB updates get going.  Maybe a simple edit is needed, if it isn't right.
06-12-2019, 06:25 AM,
China was unaware of the NKPA's plans to invade South Korea, and wer also involved in the October 1950 invasion of Tibet. In 1951, there were plans to invade Formosa using the PLA 3rd Field Army, but the unexpected Korean War interrupted that effort. Also, at the time China was actively supporting the Vietminh in French IndoChina!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-12-2019, 12:54 PM,
(06-11-2019, 06:52 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: Greetings all! 

Strange

Warhorse is correct,  many of times the Chinese sent unarmed troops into battle.....

There will be enough to go around soon enough not to worry... Helmet Wink
Animo Et Fide
06-12-2019, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 11:19 PM by beldurax.)
(06-12-2019, 06:25 AM)Warhorse Wrote: China was unaware of the NKPA's plans to invade South Korea, and wer also involved in the October 1950 invasion of Tibet. In 1951, there were plans to invade Formosa using the PLA 3rd Field Army, but the unexpected Korean War interrupted that effort. Also, at the time China was actively supporting the Vietminh in French IndoChina!!

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/652646.pdf

China's support to the Vietminh played a large part in the outcome of the French-IndoChina conflict.

All the best,
Travis
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything." Dwight D. Eisenhower