• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphics Bug?
06-07-2019, 12:43 PM,
Graphics Bug?
I am getting a graphics problem in El Alamein'42 with the Free French units (In the 'Round the Horn' scenario, for example). In every case but one, I get a white square in the top right corner.

[Image: ff1.jpg]

The one exception in the Bde HQ.

[Image: ff2.jpg]

This does not occur in Tunisia '43 but there is the unrelated issue that the Spotted symbol appears to be on the wrong side. But this is not specific to the Free French.

[Image: ff3.jpg]

The white square issue is not related to the unitbox artwork or to the unit artwork, as far as I can tell. I cannot fix it by changing either of these. I do make a lot of modifications to these things,  so I may have screwed something up, but I don't see how. Is it just me or is this a bug?
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2019, 05:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2019, 06:35 AM by dukemat.)
RE: Graphics Bug?
I get a blue rectangle in the same area.
I see that blue rectangle in every French unit except "HQ 1st Free French bde".

UPDATE
I found the problem....

open your 2dsymbolslg in your french folder and delete the two squares to the right of the french flag.
there should only be 3 squares and Flag objective symbol when you delete them.

if you own France 40 gold you would see this similar situation on french units.

make a copy of 2dsymbolsLg before making changes and put it aside
06-08-2019, 09:48 AM,
RE: Graphics Bug?
Thanks, Dukemat. That solves the problem. I had made some alterations to that file a while ago and must have  forgotten to finish what I was doing. I did not appreciate that the 2DSymbols files interacted with the Unit display. Well spotted. Of course, I should have know it was my fault Rolling Eyes