(08-01-2019, 06:19 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
Quote:So this prolific designer had 84% of his scenarios in the 10 to 20 turn range. Just as the game was designed for. The other 16% could be experimenting.
Since we're speculating...
84% of the scenarios were created in that range because they are easier to create and test in the quick turn around times that Talonsoft was developing under.
If that was the specified design limits, then 16% of his scenarios were designed outside of your imposed scope - which seems like a waste of time considering the extra effort required to design and test those scenarios.
I did not say it was my imposed time scope. I said that 10 to 20 turn scenarios are idea for the game engine.
Its not a waste of time. Any quality designer is going to push the engine to its fullest to see what is possible.
With out this we would not have the 500 + turn Market Garden operation at the CS level. Almost unplayable (I did get about 50 turns in against the AI) but very cool to look at.
The CS engine just not designed for that. Its not speculation, it is what the game excels at.