• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

El Alamein - Gold ?
04-16-2019, 11:35 PM,
c_Question Mark  El Alamein - Gold ?
Hello, this question is for David.

David -- are there any immediate plans for the El Alamein PzC title getting the Gold treatment ?

Thanks in advance, Travis.
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2019, 12:46 PM,
RE: El Alamein - Gold ?
Travis,

Guess what I have been working on?

El Alamein '42 is the biggest conversion of the three desert titles. It, like the other titles includes all the Volcano Man scenarios, but will also include his expansion pack of his Compass scenarios.

In addition Brian Jennings Gazala scenario as well as Cesar (Indragnir) has redone El Alamein 2. So there are two new campaign scenarios included as well.

Like Sealion '40 and some of the more recent releases, we have broken the Commonwealth nations out and you will see separate, Indians, New Zealanders, South Africans and Australians. This includes artwork, counter colours etc.

Don't ask when it will be out, but we had a lot of initial work to do such as map graphics to represent the desert that were not required in the earlier games.

To whet your appetite, here are a few screen shots from the two new campaigns (you should be able to right click to view full size);

[Image: Post%2020190410_01.jpg]

[Image: Post%2020190410_02.jpg]

[Image: Post%2020190410_03.jpg]

[Image: Post%2020190410_04.jpg]

David
04-18-2019, 08:04 PM,
Thanks very much David -- wonderful news ! The screenshots look amazing !
"Plans are nothing; planning is everything." Dwight D. Eisenhower
04-19-2019, 03:31 AM,
Also great news that the VM Compass 40 expansion scenarios will be included by default, I am sure there are lots of people who still don't know there is a scenario covering the Compass campaign!
04-19-2019, 05:39 AM,
Two thumbs way up!!
"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach
04-20-2019, 05:18 AM,
for those that own all three desert games. It would be nice if they released them as they are good to go rather than waiting for all three games to be ready.
04-21-2019, 03:31 AM,
Looks smashing! Can't wait!