• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Teaser
04-03-2019, 07:25 PM,
Teaser
I think you all may be interested in the latest Wargame Design Studio post....

Blog Post Link

David
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2019, 10:02 PM,
RE: Teaser
(04-03-2019, 07:25 PM)Strela Wrote: I think you all may be interested in the latest Wargame Design Studio post....

Blog Post Link

David

Pretty cool David, thanks for the update.
Had always wished they would do a PzC based on the japan what-if, seemed like it would work and now it would appear it indeed has, 2x no less.
cheers
04-03-2019, 10:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2019, 09:39 PM by Compass Rose.)
I remember suggesting something like that many, many moons ago.

Can't wait to see the finished product! Thumbs Up
04-03-2019, 11:41 PM,
I'm glad the series continues, it's look interesting. However, I think that for the Japanese player there is little chance of interesting counterattacks, Japan was almost exhausted: it seems to me especially a solitary game, but maybe I'm wrong, I don't know the operational situation of that time.
I take this opportunity to ask if information is available on when the next IWW campaign title could be released, i'm very intersted about it. Obviously if the information regarding this is not classified... Big Grin Wink
Reegards and congratulation for new title! Thumbs Up
04-04-2019, 12:05 AM,
(04-03-2019, 11:41 PM)fabiominatti Wrote: I'm glad the series continues, it's look interesting. However, I think that for the Japanese player there is little chance of interesting counterattacks, Japan was almost exhausted: it seems to me especially a solitary game, but maybe I'm wrong, I don't know the operational situation of that time.
I take this opportunity to ask if information is available on when the next IWW campaign title could be released, i'm very intersted about it. Obviously if the information regarding this is not classified... Big Grin Wink

Fabio,

The play test team will tell you how effective the Japanese are in this game. We had a reasonable facsimile for their capabilities when looking at the fighting on both Okinawa and Iwo Jima.

The tenacity of the Japanese as well as the terrain has a significant impact on the capabilities of both sides. There are many areas that the US can't get their mechanized/armor into and where they can there is actually a number of Japanese armored units present that have some of their latest tanks. They are a match for the Allies.

Like Normandy, one of the biggest factors is the Allied air power making it hard for the Japanese to move too many forces too far during the day, but there are a range of other considerations that will help the Japanese.

it's a fascinating title and will surprise people I think with the conundrums for both sides....

David
04-04-2019, 12:45 AM,
Glad to be working on these projects and this one in particular. Its been a whirlwind adventure learning the Panzer Campaign series editors! In the past my only scenario design in this series had been to take and create a "Beyond the Bulge and on to Antwerp" scenario using the France '40 map of the area west of the Battle of the Bulge battlefield. This is definitely a big step up for me in terms of scenario planning and evaluation of playtest results.

With all of the scenarios finished, and David having finished up the artwork, my main tasks are to complete the Design Notes (with Glenn's input), create the Started Tutorial PDF and do up the product page. Some minor odds and ends also need to be done as well.

Very close guys, very close! :)
04-04-2019, 12:46 AM,
Just out curiosity, how are the Japanese civilians handled.  I have read that the Japanese were supposedly forming groups of teen age boys and girls for suicide missions against American forces.  The teen age boys would be mounted on torpedoes for attacks against American ships.  The teen age girls were given a hand grenade and were to attack American infantry men.  Based on what I have read about Japanese preparations, had Operations Olympic and Coronet gone forward, there would not be a Japan today.
04-04-2019, 02:36 AM,
will their be new optional rules in this game that will be ported over to the older titles or any new ones specifically made for the far east titles?
cheers
04-04-2019, 04:34 AM,
(04-04-2019, 12:05 AM)Strela Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 11:41 PM)fabiominatti Wrote: I'm glad the series continues, it's look interesting. However, I think that for the Japanese player there is little chance of interesting counterattacks, Japan was almost exhausted: it seems to me especially a solitary game, but maybe I'm wrong, I don't know the operational situation of that time.

Fabio,

The play test team will tell you how effective the Japanese are in this game. We had a reasonable facsimile for their capabilities when looking at the fighting on both Okinawa and Iwo Jima.

The tenacity of the Japanese as well as the terrain has a significant impact on the capabilities of both sides. There are many areas that the US can't get their mechanized/armor into and where they can there is actually a number of Japanese armored units present that have some of their latest tanks. They are a match for the Allies.

Like Normandy, one of the biggest factors is the Allied air power making it hard for the Japanese to move too many forces too far during the day, but there are a range of other considerations that will help the Japanese.

it's a fascinating title and will surprise people I think with the conundrums for both sides....

David

Hi David
Thank you for your precise and timely reply; from the first notes i see that you are doing a serious and accurate job for a quality product. I hope that at the end of the work you will really get a fascinating and surprising product Thumbs Up
Good work and good luck! Helmet Wink
04-04-2019, 07:36 AM,
An interesting title, i am to intriged in how you deal with the civilian part... no presence or presence as expendable units??? (0 fire combat values, only assault value, something in the line of PzB-PzC flam units).

Well, for a West VS East after end of WWII i prefer first have Berlin45 and if is to much for a title in a 2nd title cover the inmediate fall of alliance with german troops playing a role inside the new best friends in the west VS the red east rush... i see this in or inmediatly after German surrender or set it 1-2 moths later, in any case BEFORE war become atomic (maybe reserve 2 first A bombs for soviets).

I expect this what if titles offer more attractive scens than Sealion40 and less academic aproximation to what if... when you dont have more limits than a plausible initial OOB and a plan after leave the beaches you can create attractive situations for armchair warriors, scens like the excellent (and for me best PzC scen) "Breakout group Zhuravlev" a scen where you find yourself in totally diferent situations at same time and doing all you can using your last soldier to do it

At least we are going to see working the fanatical nation rule after years waiting it  Helmet Rolleyes