• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To be or not-Marengo
04-02-2019, 06:47 AM,
Feedback Needed  To be or not-Marengo
I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this.  Just finished an 1800 campaign game with a decisive  French victory-but without fighting a single action.  Is there a point to that or just an anomaly?
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2019, 10:43 AM,
RE: To be or not-Marengo
(04-02-2019, 06:47 AM)fastphil Wrote: I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this.  Just finished an 1800 campaign game with a decisive  French victory-but without fighting a single action.  Is there a point to that or just an anomaly?

Did you have the expected values box checked?
04-03-2019, 12:20 AM,
(04-02-2019, 10:43 AM)wildb Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 06:47 AM)fastphil Wrote: I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this.  Just finished an 1800 campaign game with a decisive  French victory-but without fighting a single action.  Is there a point to that or just an anomaly?

I'll get back to you on that.  :p  I'll have to ask my opponent.  We just started a 1796 campaign and are having our first battle so I am not sure. Big Grin
04-03-2019, 03:29 AM,
(04-03-2019, 12:20 AM)fastphil Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 10:43 AM)wildb Wrote:

I'll get back to you on that.  :p  I'll have to ask my opponent.  We just started a 1796 campaign and are having our first battle so I am not sure. Big Grin

From my illustrious opponent:

"As I suspected the problem could be that, I also tried to play it solo vs AI, and I had the same result: no battle, only messages. Moreover, In my Main folder there's a 1796-97 and a 1799 folder, but not a 1800 one."
04-03-2019, 09:15 AM,
The files for that campaign are in the MC folder.

Beyond that, in testing, I'm getting it to load up the first battle just fine. (As the French)
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
04-03-2019, 11:53 AM,
I played the Marengo campaign one time with another HTH opponent and I ran into casualty issues right off ... not sure what happened there but it didnt happen again.

Please send any notes you have to JTS Support when you run into what you might consider technical issues. You are welcome to pass along your game file and ask me to give it a look. I can then tell you what path you are in and why it ended without a battle. There should not be a loophole in the campaign "tree" but that Marengo campaign was "nutso-crazy" to build and was the largest I ever built. Once I get some time I will give the campaign file a serious going over again.

Otherwise, hope you all are enjoying the campaigns. I am playing one with an opponent in another club. We are at the first battle in the 1799 campaign and its a wild one! (battle is south of Verona)
04-04-2019, 05:28 AM,
Sounds like "Expected values" was selected by the player that started the campaign. That will yield only the decision points and messages, but never drop down into an actual battle.
04-04-2019, 11:24 AM,
(04-04-2019, 05:28 AM)rahamy Wrote: Sounds like "Expected values" was selected by the player that started the campaign. That will yield only the decision points and messages, but never drop down into an actual battle.

I checked with my opponent and he said no.
That's all right-we have started the 1796 campaign and already have first blood.  Big Grin
04-05-2019, 03:47 AM,
Hi, I'm the illustrious opponent.
I just checked my Campaign Marengo folder and, oddly enough, I do not have any MC folder at all... Maybe my download package was incomplete?
04-05-2019, 05:13 AM,
Write me at [email protected] along with your order number and I'll get you a new download.