• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Weird ME window
03-21-2019, 06:00 AM,
Weird ME window
Tiger 88 and I were giving "Crisis in Sirte: 4. End Game" a try. It's one of Petri's designs. I had line of sight on one of Steve's loaded transports, circled in red on the screenshot. Upon hitting it and killing the passengers a javascript window popped up (posted below). Neither Steve or I have ever seen that before in a CS game. Is this new to ME? Also, was I given a bonus for knocking out an HQ, as the message implies? 20 event points? Has anyone else come across this?

Dave

[Image: screen.jpg]
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2019, 10:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 10:36 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: Weird ME window
That is a small taste of the Campaign Series event engine (CSEE)

We incorporated it in the last CSME Update. There are only a handful of scenarios with it. Mostly the Bootcamp and Petri's Sirte scenario.

With Vietnam it has been signifincantly enhanced. This really is a game changer!
Send this user an email
03-21-2019, 11:10 AM,
There will be a follow on UPDATE after Vietnam that will revise the core scenarios using the new capabilities in CSVN.

This will, hopefully, make the gaming experience much different than CSME currently is and should make playing HAL much more interesting.
Send this user an email
03-21-2019, 12:19 PM,
Ah, interesting. What, though, are "Event Points"? Are they something one can plan for or just some random bonus?
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-21-2019, 12:45 PM,
(03-21-2019, 12:19 PM)Scud Wrote: Ah, interesting. What, though, are "Event Points"? Are they something one can plan for or just some random bonus?

They are things that you can count on and are added to your victory side total.

They are all coded, so the scenario designer will determine what is worth points, or worth a point reduction.

For example:

You can gain Event Points if you capture a supply unit (which could even give you supply and/or reduce your enemies)

You can gain Event Points if you take out an HQ, or leader, or any other unit that is decided by the scenario designer.

You can gain additional event points if you capture and hold certain victory locations for a certain time frame.

You can gain additional event points if you manage to get all your units in a certain area of the map.

You can gain additional event points if your reinforcements come on before they were planned.

There are so many possibilities.
Send this user an email