• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PkIVH traverse speed CMFI
03-26-2019, 11:28 PM,
PkIVH traverse speed CMFI
Does anyone think the turret traverse speed on the PkIV is a bit too fast? Just wondering.
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2019, 01:36 AM,
RE: PkIVH traverse speed CMFI
I just moved out out of the AAR forum for this thread.

As for the PzIV's turret speed: the relative speeds should be modelled. The fidelity is not perfect but slower turrets should be slower than faster ones. Do you have some sources that show the traverse speed IRL that don't compare to in the game?
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
03-27-2019, 02:27 AM,
In CMBB and CMAK the turret speed is faster with Pz.IV Ausf.H than with Ausf.J.
I did not even notice that in CMFI.
03-27-2019, 04:59 AM,
I am not sure but I believe only up to the MkIV Ausf H is available in CMFI so comparing it to a Ausf J might be the reason. That aside, I have noticed a few very minor differences in CMFI vs CMBN, mostly related to Shermans being able to withstand a little more punishment but the MkIV is generally the same as in the other modules in my experience.
03-29-2019, 04:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 04:12 PM by martin0691.)
(03-27-2019, 01:36 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: I just moved out out of the AAR forum for this thread.

As for the PzIV's turret speed: the relative speeds should be modelled. The fidelity is not perfect but slower turrets should be slower than faster ones. Do you have some sources that show the traverse speed IRL that don't compare to in the game?

Just feels a little fast compared to other games I won't mention. I'm quite new to CM series and seem to struggle against German armour with my Sherman - but that's close to real life I know. 

Some numbers here - not sure how accurate they are.
http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Turret

On a different note. In the last few turns my Shermans at close range had the opp to fire into the sides of a PkIV but didn't? something to do with the spotting mechanism i think. Still...the tacAI keeps us on our toes i think as we learn of it's idiosyncracies.

Thanks guys.