• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent Wanted- Closed
02-24-2019, 02:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 12:48 AM by bkosar19.)
Opponent Wanted  Opponent Wanted- Closed
Hi:

New to the forums, but not exactly new to these games.  However, it's been a very long time since I played them against a real opponent.

Looking for an opponent for any of the following games:

Campaign Marengo
Campaign Bautzen
Campaign Leipzig
Campaign 1814

I'm open to any scenario, side or optional rules.  (However, I play these games because I'm interested in the history not to ruthlessly exploit the game engine in order to move-up a competitive ladder.  So, I'd prefer an opponent who has a similar mindset.)
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2019, 05:23 AM,
RE: Opponent Wanted
Welcome, no room to add another game right now, but hopefully someone will be along soon who can. Enjoy!
02-27-2019, 01:54 AM,
RE: Opponent Wanted
(02-24-2019, 02:29 AM)bkosar19 Wrote: Hi:

New to the forums, but not exactly new to these games.  However, it's been a very long time since I played them against a real opponent.

Looking for an opponent for any of the following games:

Campaign Marengo
Campaign Bautzen
Campaign Leipzig
Campaign 1814

I'm open to any scenario, side or optional rules.  (However, I play these games because I'm interested in the history not to ruthlessly exploit the game engine in order to move-up a competitive ladder.  So, I'd prefer an opponent who has a similar mindset.)

We share the same play style. I also do these games for historical interest and enjoyment, not standings in a ladder. I'm also careful not to exploit the system with legal, but gamey play. I always try to use 19th Century style tactics and maneuvers when playing these, and avoid at all costs acting like it's WW2, just with horses instead of tanks. 

I have Leipzig and 1814, and like you it's been awhile since I've played. If you want, drop me a line, and we can discuss rules, scenario size, and sides.
"If you want to know a man's true character, give him some power." - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)