• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to get a new game in the firing line
02-05-2019, 03:57 AM,
How to get a new game in the firing line
Hello all,

I recently purchased Strategic Command from Matrix Games and I think it's a fairly solid simulation. I noticed it's not on the Blitz-is there a reason? If not, how does one go about looking at adding it as an option?

Never had this type of question, so any feedback is welcome!

Cheers, Jon
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2019, 08:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 05:50 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: How to get a new game in the firing line
The usual reason that we support certain series with a forum/ladder is that the club exists to support active communities who wish to PBEM the various games series that are available, but for reasons that I am never quite sure about certain game series no matter how good they might be or how suitable for PBEM they are just don't attract any players who wish to record PBEM games?

Countless times we have created new ladders only for them to be populated by tumbleweed, we were happy to create a new Panzer Battle ladder because as a Tiller title we were 99% sure there would be a reasonable level of activity and in this we were proved correct.

So a few years ago we decided that unless we were sure a community existed to support a ladder we would not put in the legwork to create a new one.  Wink
02-05-2019, 08:35 AM,
That makes sense!! Thanks for the feedback!
04-06-2019, 03:06 AM,
(02-05-2019, 08:35 AM)larsonney Wrote: That makes sense!! Thanks for the feedback!

laronney,

Are you referring to SC WWII: War in Europe?  Or the new World at War?  You can play both through Matrix Games website's opponents list, but you need to make an account if you already haven't.  If you have War in Europe, I'll give you a game as either side.  I've played two games online that I've finished and have three in progress.  You can also add it to your games on Steam.

Havoc
04-07-2019, 03:38 AM,
(04-06-2019, 03:06 AM)Havoc Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 08:35 AM)larsonney Wrote: That makes sense!! Thanks for the feedback!

laronney,

Are you referring to SC WWII: War in Europe?  Or the new World at War?  You can play both through Matrix Games website's opponents list, but you need to make an account if you already haven't.  If you have War in Europe, I'll give you a game as either side.  I've played two games online that I've finished and have three in progress.  You can also add it to your games on Steam.

Havoc

hey Havoc! I was referring to the new World at War. That's the one I have, so I don't think we can go at it, unfortunately since I don't have War in Europe. If you get World at War, let me know, I'd love a game. 

Thanks for replying and cheers! Jon
04-07-2019, 06:32 AM,
(04-07-2019, 03:38 AM)larsonney Wrote:

laronney,

Havoc

hey Havoc! I was referring to the new World at War. That's the one I have, so I don't think we can go at it, unfortunately since I don't have War in Europe. If you get World at War, let me know, I'd love a game. 

I haven't bought World at War because it looks like it has the same features of the SC: WW I game, i.e. only a 3D board.  I am not a fan of playing with little 3D army men and equipment.  I am an old school gamer who likes the 2D look-down with Nato symbols.  Having the 2D pieces standing on end in a 3D map is distracting and poor quality.  I was surprised when I bought Strategic Command:  WW I and it didn't have a 2D mode.  So unless they fix this, I won't be buying anymore of the series.
04-07-2019, 07:40 AM,
I'm with you! My game has NATO symbols and a 2D look-down feature however, so I do enjoy playing it. Cheers, J
04-07-2019, 09:46 AM,
(04-07-2019, 07:40 AM)larsonney Wrote: I'm with you! My game has NATO symbols and a 2D look-down feature however, so I do enjoy playing it. Cheers, J

Flat 2D map?  Doesn't say that in the description.  I may just get it then...
05-07-2019, 01:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2019, 01:41 PM by Simulacra53.)
(04-07-2019, 06:32 AM)Havoc Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 03:38 AM)larsonney Wrote:

laronney,

Havoc

I haven't bought World at War because it looks like it has the same features of the SC: WW I game, i.e. only a 3D board.  I am not a fan of playing with little 3D army men and equipment.  I am an old school gamer who likes the 2D look-down with Nato symbols.  Having the 2D pieces standing on end in a 3D map is distracting and poor quality.  I was surprised when I bought Strategic Command:  WW I and it didn't have a 2D mode.  So unless they fix this, I won't be buying anymore of the series.

World at War has the same setup as War in Europe, including alternative NATO counters and excellent mods like those by IronX. The main difference between the two is scale - WaW is roughly half scale (or less) as it spans the globe. Both games are very enjoyable.

Just wanted to correct the idea that WaW is somehow different to WiE and more like the old series (as in SC2 vs SC3) as it is simply not correct. Also important SC2 was square based, SC3 is hex based.

Both SC3 games have visually improved even more with the latest work by IronX (and many others who even create game changing mods).