• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Just picked up France '40 - looking for some pbem fun
01-31-2019, 05:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2019, 06:06 PM by Wolfgang.)
Opponent Wanted  Just picked up France '40 - looking for some pbem fun
I've always been interested in this early part of the war. Would prefer to play germans and any length scenario is fine although I'd really like to do a longer campaign one.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2019, 12:27 AM,
RE: Just picked up France '40 - looking for some pbem fun
I could handle another game, willing to play Allies and can probably do at least 3 turns most weeks, more in the early going with all the fixed units.

I would suggest staying away from the Prucha scenarios, I am playing one of those and we have found problems with fixed units with no release date for both sides and I have heard this is true in the other Prucha scenarios too.  As I understand it this is being looked into but to my knowledge there is no way to fix it in an ongoing game.

For Optional Rules I suggest Default with
Automatic Defensive Fire
Virtual Supply Trucks
Programmed Weather

Would prefer to use
Recon Spotting
Counterbattery Fire
Delayed Disruption Reporting
Flexible on these and others you would like to use.

You can reply here or send me a PM.
02-02-2019, 04:49 AM,
(02-02-2019, 12:27 AM)krmiller Wrote: I could handle another game, willing to play Allies and can probably do at least 3 turns most weeks, more in the early going with all the fixed units.

I would suggest staying away from the Prucha scenarios, I am playing one of those and we have found problems with fixed units with no release date for both sides and I have heard this is true in the other Prucha scenarios too.  As I understand it this is being looked into but to my knowledge there is no way to fix it in an ongoing game.

For Optional Rules I suggest Default with
Automatic Defensive Fire
Virtual Supply Trucks
Programmed Weather

Would prefer to use
Recon Spotting
Counterbattery Fire
Delayed Disruption Reporting
Flexible on these and others you would like to use.

You can reply here or send me a PM.

Sounds good! I'll work up a file. I'm new to panzer campaigns in general and have formed no opinions yet on optional rules so i'll go with your suggestions above. Smile 

I'll pm ya and get your email address.

Good to know that about the prucha scenarios...
Send this user an email
02-02-2019, 09:37 AM,
In all fairness, don't discount the Mike Prucha scenarios, they are well researched and have a depth of detail that is outstanding. Yes, there are some minor issues regarding release dates, but they have been identified and reported to Mike Prucha via JTS. Mike Prucha and JTS are actively working solutions to these issues and we expect an update in the near future that corrects these issues.
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!" - LT Aldo Raine