• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Finding like level users.
01-28-2019, 01:48 PM,
Help  Finding like level users.
Greetings:
I am a Newb to this forum, website, and the CMBN game. Is there a way to find those like me who are also Newbs ? I have played only 4 matches via PBEM and would like to find someone who I would be comparable with. I am a member of the FGM website but I need to find players that are totally new to CMBN so "we" can learn together. The FGM site is fantastic but their members are WAY too advanced for me and I do not want to force them to play matches against a guy that knows nothing about the game. I have been playing with two "stars" and they have taught me a lot but I dont want to make them have to deal with my rookie butt because I am a member of their website.
Anyway-thanks for the time and I would appreciate the help.
Stay safe
You can run but you will just die tired....
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2019, 03:51 PM,
RE: Finding like level users.
Welcome, I suggest you post the same message on the relevant CM forum and see if there is a member who you can link up with?  Smile
02-02-2019, 06:42 PM,
Balance in multiplayer is a valid concern. If the game allows for it I think it's the simplest to ask for extra points, e.g. 25% more. Increase this number (quickly) until you get your first victory. Just find an opponent who is ok with this.
02-03-2019, 03:40 AM,
(02-02-2019, 06:42 PM)kineas Wrote: Balance in multiplayer is a valid concern. If the game allows for it I think it's the simplest to ask for extra points, e.g. 25% more. Increase this number (quickly) until you get your first victory. Just find an opponent who is ok with this.

Do you think the scenario records listed here on the Blitz are a valid way of "handicapping" a game? Give the side with a better won-loss record to the less experienced player, and use the point system as-is.

Not saying that giving extra points to the newer player is not valid. Seems like that would work very well also.
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
02-03-2019, 06:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 06:22 AM by Westland.)
The inexperienced players lose anyway only because they buy wrong material or do not know the map.
Because even experienced players will lose to a novice when they buy scrap material.Even the best tactics do not help.
02-04-2019, 04:13 AM,
(02-03-2019, 03:40 AM)MikeC Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 06:42 PM)kineas Wrote: Balance in multiplayer is a valid concern. If the game allows for it I think it's the simplest to ask for extra points, e.g. 25% more. Increase this number (quickly) until you get your first victory. Just find an opponent who is ok with this.

Do you think the scenario records listed here on the Blitz are a valid way of "handicapping" a game? Give the side with a better won-loss record to the less experienced player, and use the point system as-is.

Yes, that could work too.