• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A sight I have never seen before in SB...
01-23-2019, 07:43 PM,
A sight I have never seen before in SB...
Just wanted to tell of this surprising spectacle, I don't have a problem with it, I am just sharing an odd phenomena and wondering if anyone else had ever witnessed it.

Playing WW1: 

10 Brits plus an officer are assaulting 2X pinned Germans in a trench. 

...The result of the assault?

....All 10 of the Brits plus the officer killed. The trench hex vacated by the now demoralized Germans, who I think lost just 2 men.

Dead

The suddenly vacant hex was a shock..the "victors" all dead, the losers mainly in good shape but now in the next hex!

..yeah, it's debatable who was really the victor here, I am just glad I had some more boys ready to consolidate that hard won hex.  Big Grin2
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2019, 09:01 PM,
RE: A sight I have never seen before in SB...
(01-23-2019, 07:43 PM)Embis Wrote: Just wanted to tell of this surprising spectacle, I don't have a problem with it, I am just sharing an odd phenomena and wondering if anyone else had ever witnessed it.

Playing WW1: 

10 Brits plus an officer are assaulting 2X pinned Germans in a trench. 

...The result of the assault?

....All 10 of the Brits plus the officer killed. The trench hex vacated by the now demoralized Germans, who I think lost just 2 men.

Dead

The suddenly vacant hex was a shock..the "victors" all dead, the losers mainly in good shape but now in the next hex!

..yeah, it's debatable who was really the victor here, I am just glad I had some more boys ready to consolidate that hard won hex.  Big Grin2

Lol... I've seen a lot of stuff in Squad Battles but that's pretty damn rare... I vaguely recall that happening to me maybe once or twice if at all??

First World War is a fun game, I've been playing a lot of it lately.

If you ever wanna strike up a pbem match, let me know :) I prefer Central Powers but any side is always interesting.

Patton2

Ironwulf dot games at gmail dot com
Send this user an email
01-24-2019, 06:05 AM,
Ouch - - FWW must be a blood bath game - - - - I'll have to bump it up in my priority list
01-24-2019, 11:15 AM,
FWW is indeed a bloodbath, losses are off the chart! Good game though! Has gas and all that!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-25-2019, 05:10 AM,
I think FWW is one of the better of the series.
01-26-2019, 04:34 AM,
(01-25-2019, 05:10 AM)Landser34 Wrote: I think FWW is one of the better of the series.

It's grown on me quite a bit and is now one of my personal favorites - if you're looking for a new squad battles title it's a great choice in my opinion.

The stock graphics are pretty good and one thing I appreciate bout it is the unit density on the maps; the first world war battles are often action packed with lots to do.
Send this user an email