• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spanish Civil War
01-12-2019, 11:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 11:43 PM by MikeC.)
Feedback Needed  Spanish Civil War
What do people think of Spanish Civil War? 

It's on sale right now at the JTS web site, and I'm thinking about a purchase. How much PBEM play would this title get?

Thanks,
Mike

PS, Hey, I got a stripe!
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2019, 11:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 11:57 PM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Spanish Civil War
From what I see, Spanish Civil War (SCW) and Modern War (MW) don't see much PBEM play.

In SCW, there aren't many tanks and the weapons are of short range where you don't have much to "reach out and touch someone".

I would suggest spending the extra money and getting JTS Eagles Strike or JTS Red Victory. 

Those two are arguable the two most popular titles with RV being possibly the best ever, in the series, to get released.

You also can't go wrong with any of the other WWII, Korean War, or Vietnam titles.

Don't forget, there is a free SB Demo Grenada that you can get, too.

http://johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

There are also art mods available for these games.
01-13-2019, 02:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 07:39 AM by Embis.)
I concur with all the above but would add: you won't regret spending the extra $10 to get one of the more popular titles like Red Victory, and much easier to pick up pbem games.

Save Spanish civil war to complete your collection when you have bought all the rest, unless that particular conflict is your "boat floater" Wink

And as Compass Rose suggests.. If you're really not sure you will like the series, go with the demo first.

Congrats on the stripe by the way! Salute6
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
01-15-2019, 05:19 AM,
Thanks for all the input. I wish SCW saw more PBEM time here at Blitz. But I appreciate the recommendations for Eagles and Red Victory.

I tend to like battles with older equipment, jalopies so to speak. My first purchase was Winter War. I do have Grenada and Tour of Duty by the way.

I may purchase SCW and play that against the AI. But I have to admit, I'm losing my taste for solitaire after only a little exposure to PBEM. I've had more gaming experience on Blitz in the past week, than I've had in the past 10 years.
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
01-15-2019, 07:06 AM,
(01-15-2019, 05:19 AM)MikeC Wrote: Thanks for all the input. I wish SCW saw more PBEM time here at Blitz. But I appreciate the recommendations for Eagles and Red Victory.

I tend to like battles with older equipment, jalopies so to speak. My first purchase was Winter War. I do have Grenada and Tour of Duty by the way.

I may purchase SCW and play that against the AI. But I have to admit, I'm losing my taste for solitaire after only a little exposure to PBEM. I've had more gaming experience on Blitz in the past week, than I've had in the past 10 years.

These games are a ton of fun when battling a human opponent via PBEM.

Keep us posted as to what you end up getting, as there are many good titles to choose from.

http://johntillersoftware.com/SquadBattles.html
01-15-2019, 11:22 AM,
(01-15-2019, 07:06 AM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 05:19 AM)MikeC Wrote: Thanks for all the input. I wish SCW saw more PBEM time here at Blitz. But I appreciate the recommendations for Eagles and Red Victory.

These games are a ton of fun when battling a human opponent via PBEM.

Keep us posted as to what you end up getting, as there are many good titles to choose from.

http://johntillersoftware.com/SquadBattles.html
Will do! I already have WW, ToD, and Grenada.

interested in Eagle Strike, and (still) SCW.

I'm currently in a PBEM game of WW. A human opponent can teach a lot more lessons than the AI ever did.
01-15-2019, 11:33 AM,
I have SCW, like it a lot!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-16-2019, 06:02 AM,
(01-15-2019, 11:33 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I have SCW, like it a lot!!

I'll let you know when I pick up SCW, then how about a game?

Not doing much purchasing right now. Furloughed U.S. Federal employee.
01-16-2019, 06:05 AM,
You can send me a SCW game if you like, nothing too big....
kolc
bkolcun45atgmaildotcom
01-20-2019, 02:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2019, 02:29 AM by MikeC.)
(01-16-2019, 06:05 AM)kolc Wrote: You can send me a SCW game if you like, nothing too big....
kolc
bkolcun45atgmaildotcom

kolc, sounds good. I haven't made the purchase yet, but after looking it over on the JTS web site, it's nearly a done deal for me. I'll get back to you.

PM coming your way with my email address.

Thanks,
Mike