• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Windows 10 Help
12-28-2018, 10:03 PM,
Help  Windows 10 Help
Greetings all:  Ok, been playing for years now.  Some of you know me.  Crashed my last Win 7 computer and got a new Win 10 and am having a fit and need help.  Having withdrawal symptoms not being able to play.  I can install CS and play a game.  But, when I install either of the two updates 2.01 or 2.02 I can't open WF, EF, or RS.  Has anyone else run into problems with Win 10?  I really need this thing to work....Thanks one and all.....
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2018, 10:50 PM,
RE: Windows 10 Help
(12-28-2018, 10:03 PM)ScoutsOut Wrote: Greetings all:  Ok, been playing for years now.  Some of you know me.  Crashed my last Win 7 computer and got a new Win 10 and am having a fit and need help.  Having withdrawal symptoms not being able to play.  I can install CS and play a game.  But, when I install either of the two updates 2.01 or 2.02 I can't open WF, EF, or RS.  Has anyone else run into problems with Win 10?  I really need this thing to work....Thanks one and all.....

I may be wrong but I think someone posted a fix for this in one of the forums, maybe technical support? I don't think it's a windows 10 issue but more of a patch issue.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
12-28-2018, 11:17 PM,
(12-28-2018, 10:50 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 10:03 PM)ScoutsOut Wrote: Greetings all:  Ok, been playing for years now.  Some of you know me.  Crashed my last Win 7 computer and got a new Win 10 and am having a fit and need help.  Having withdrawal symptoms not being able to play.  I can install CS and play a game.  But, when I install either of the two updates 2.01 or 2.02 I can't open WF, EF, or RS.  Has anyone else run into problems with Win 10?  I really need this thing to work....Thanks one and all.....

I may be wrong but I think someone posted a fix for this in one of the forums, maybe technical support? I don't think it's a windows 10 issue but more of a patch issue.

VE

Thanks...if anyone knows where it might be please let me know.  I'll go scout it out....
12-29-2018, 12:02 AM,
Hello Scouts:

If you are using the old disks, with patches, updates, compatible/non compatible issues a lot of us have found it easier to download the new version from Matrix? It's easier in the long run, and doesn't cost much at this point. I think the last time I downloaded it was $20.

If you're already doing so, my apologies.

If not...there are some around here who can help.
Sorry to say I'm not one of them...but they will chime in soon.
Petri or Jason?

Regards,

Dan
12-29-2018, 12:10 AM,

Try this   Did you try this? https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/sid...0-fixed/#c

"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
12-29-2018, 12:34 AM,
Check that the patch is being installed to the correct game folder.
12-30-2018, 09:58 PM,
Yes, JTCS 2.0x should run on Windows 10. More specific symptom descriptions would be helpful. Does the Front End Launcher launch? Does a game exe launch, if double-clicked from File Explorer? Anything in the log files?
Visit us at CSLegion.com