• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Just to say Hi :)
12-06-2018, 06:41 AM,
Just to say Hi :)
Hi

Just dropped back to say hi and to let people know i'm not dead not quite yet anyhow if anyone cares that is Big Grin

Hows the CS scene going anyway is it still strong or has it started to die down a bit?

Eddie
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2018, 07:25 AM,
RE: Just to say Hi :)
Welcome back.   Smile

CS is still going, though not as strong as in years past. Matrix is working on the Viet Nam series which should be a fantastic add for those interested in that period and there's still a group playing the Middle East version, though I haven't seen any recent game results. It's also a good series if you're interested. Takes a lot of getting used too, due to the lethality of the weapons and the huge time span.

Check out the 2018 ladder if you want to see who's still playing: https://www.theblitz.club/ladders/b-11.h...d=2&page=1

Change the year in the url to see an earlier year's ladder if you're curious.

Don't be a stranger!

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-07-2018, 12:11 AM,
Hello Eddie,

You are sorely missed. Respect4
As you did, players move on. Which is probably symptomatic of what is happening to CS. But, many are still playing. I am not so sure, as Dave is, that the new releases will pump up the base. But, we shall see. There is always hope? Angel

Remember the "Fields of Glory" tournament? And, "Top Gun". Hamster Wheel

Those were the days. If I had the time I would do another, I'd 'give it a go'. The last two attempts did not go so well. Help5

I hope all is well with you?

Farmer

HSL
12-07-2018, 01:42 AM,
(12-06-2018, 07:25 AM)Scud Wrote: Welcome back.   Smile

CS is still going, though not as strong as in years past. Matrix is working on the Viet Nam series which should be a fantastic add for those interested in that period and there's still a group playing the Middle East version, though I haven't seen any recent game results. It's also a good series if you're interested. Takes a lot of getting used too, due to the lethality of the weapons and the huge time span.

Check out the 2018 ladder if you want to see who's still playing: https://www.theblitz.club/ladders/b-11.h...d=2&page=1

Change the year in the url to see an earlier year's ladder if you're curious.

Don't be a stranger!

Dave

I'd wait longer if they were making Inf types men instead of strength points.  :)
12-07-2018, 03:05 AM,
(12-07-2018, 12:11 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Hello Eddie,

You are sorely missed. Respect4
As you did, players move on. Which is probably symptomatic of what is happening to CS. But, many are still playing. I am not so sure, as Dave is, that the new releases will pump up the base. But, we shall see. There is always hope? Angel

Remember the "Fields of Glory" tournament? And, "Top Gun". Hamster Wheel

Those were the days. If I had the time I would do another, I'd 'give it a go'. The last two attempts did not go so well. Help5

I hope all is well with you?

Farmer

HSL
I've still got CS on my PC but it's so heavily modded now think i'll have to do a fresh reinstall , i'm not even sure did we finish the last tournament? sorry if we didn't but i got hit with Multiple Sclerosis so real life had to come into play sadly , i really miss playing CS but hey i've got a good excuse now for playing so badly so everything has a silver lining  Big Grin
12-07-2018, 10:37 AM,
(12-07-2018, 01:42 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I'd wait longer if they were making Inf types men instead of strength points.  :)

On the coding and data side, this is far more difficult that one would think.

It's been a wishlist item of mine for a long time, but that is still a distant wish list item.
Send this user an email
12-07-2018, 01:57 PM,
Quote:I've still got CS on my PC but it's so heavily modded now think i'll have to do a fresh reinstall , i'm not even sure did we finish the last tournament? sorry if we didn't but i got hit with Multiple Sclerosis so real life had to come into play sadly , i really miss playing CS but hey i've got a good excuse now for playing so badly so everything has a silver lining  Big Grin

Just a heads up, but if you have the old talonsoft version it won't work anymore, you'll need the one from Matrix Games. Looks like it's on sale, only 10 bucks: http://www.matrixgames.com/store/product.asp?gid=318

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-07-2018, 11:39 PM,
(12-06-2018, 06:41 AM)Raven Wrote: Hi

Just dropped back to say hi and to let people know i'm not dead not quite yet anyhow if anyone cares that is Big Grin

Hows the CS scene going anyway is it still strong or has it started to die down a bit?

Eddie

Hey Raven / Eddie - really great to see you pop-up here man! I hope life has been treating you well my friend! Pretty slow go around here these days - but we still have some great guys developing scenarios for us to play which is awesome!

If your up to getting your feet wet again - man drop me a line at: t34_buster at hotmail dot com  -  would love to battle again with you!

All my best to you Eddie!

Steve ~ Tiger 88
12-08-2018, 12:51 AM,
Eddie,
So sorry to hear about your health issue.
I lost my sister this past February and one of her health complications was a late diagnosis of MS.

As Dave said, you will need a new Matrix copy unless you already have it.
And, yes, all tourneys were completed. Helmet Smile

If you do get the desire to play again send me a file? I'll play you.
I never thought you played badly. Pirate Duel2

Farmer

HSL
12-08-2018, 05:57 AM,
(12-08-2018, 12:51 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Eddie,
So sorry to hear about your health issue.
I lost my sister this past February and one of her health complications was a late diagnosis of MS.

As Dave said, you will need a new Matrix copy unless you already have it.
And, yes, all tourneys were completed. Helmet Smile

If you do get the desire to play again send me a file? I'll play you.
I never thought you played badly. Pirate Duel2

Farmer

HSL

Sorry to hear about you sister , it stress me out now end for the first few years but then you learn to live with it and no matter how you stress or worry it'll not change anything in the end , i have a copy of Matrix CS somewhere i really need to dig it out and play a few cpu game first if i wasn't playing bad back then please believe me when i say i'd be playing bad now  Big Grin