• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Great game - best in the series
11-28-2018, 05:39 AM,
Great game - best in the series
I've been playing a couple of scenarios against the AI and finding it reasonable enough, and am now playing a larger PBEM game - I have to say it's definitely the best in the series, David. Hats off to you and your team. A fantastic job on everything. 

The map is outstanding. Gorgeous detail, very clear, nice thin contour edges (!), lovely colours. I really think the map is a work of art. And enough names on it to allow you to locate areas and features in the history. The same goes for the counters - beautiful artwork! 

Plus the notes! There's a wealth of really excellent images in the notes, and so much detail, again. The notes are like a free gift. 

The gameplay is, I think, very different to either of the other two. Obviously, lots of movement, but also in the way individual conflicts pan out, I feel. Just my impression, as a relative novice. It all feels much more dynamic. 

So I love it. Thanks. 

I wish the Kursk map could be completely overhauled to match this one in detail and accuracy. But I guess that's not next on the list (or on the list at all...). What is next on the list - for the PB series, I mean? 

Peter
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2018, 07:21 PM,
RE: Great game - best in the series
Peter,

Thank you for the kind words, we're happy with the end product.

The subject matter, as you say has helped give a very different feel to the game system overall and we're happy with that.

It's also the first game in the series where we haven't used legacy content (map in Kursk/OOB & scenarios in Normandy), but built everything ourselves. The learnings from the previous games and the Demo helped craft it all.

Glad you like the maps. There is an elapsed year of effort there and probably 3 man years of work. We're again learning more and more techniques on how to do these at the best scale.

Same with the documentation. Trust me its a slog to do, but its another differentiator for our releases and we will try and maintain it going forward.

Finally, whats next for PB? Nothing yet until we get the rest of the PzC and CWB revamps out. Work has been done to date on a few potential titles, but we have not decided ourselves what comes next...

David
Quote this message in a reply