• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How I do it
11-18-2018, 09:01 AM,
My 2 Cents  How I do it
I thought I would post this information, I have been asked how I count the number of wrecks in a hex. 
Now I don't know everything, but its how I use the info to play my games, hopefully it will help anybody new to the game or just be informative in general.

Starting with how to get the info up to view.

1. Press U to open the hex info panel, which comes up on the right of the screen.

As you can see there are two units in the highlighted hex, Infantry and HQ.
Within these boxes are all the info on the unit, morale, action points, fire cost etc.

2. Below these unit info boxes is the hex information

This hex is in open terrain, not good if they are attacked, shelled or shot at, If I can I try to keep units in better terrain, especially while defending, it takes time to get units into "safe"  hexes, village, city, etc. It is well worth the effort.

Next on the list is the hex objective value, these units are not on an objective so the value is 0. If it were an objective, it would have a value and you may have to fight for it. With objectives, is the cost worth the reward, IE, Objective worth 50 points, but spent 100 points in unit losses to capture or keep it?

Below that is the wreck info.
 If there are destroyed tanks etc in the hex, you will see flames on the main map and in the info box will be the number of wrecks in the hex. Too many wrecks, it could block the hex line of sight, it can slow you down. I some times use it to gauge how willing the opponent is to keep the hex and how he or she has decided to commit forces.
You can go around all the wreck sights and count them up, it will show where your opponent decided it may be worth the cost, or where you have managed to strike a decisive blow against him or her.

Next, TEM, I don't know what this is, hope to find out.

Concelement.  
In this case it is zero, not good, the unit can be seen if it in line of sight of enemy units, really rather exposed,
 I try and get my units into cover. Villages etc are good for this. AT guns are very good for this type of fights.

Morale. 
The morale, of your units will be better if they are in better terrain, other things also improve morale, but the hex terrain morale in this situation is 1.

Visibility,  Is in this game is 8 hexes, I can see that far unless the landscape prevents me from doing so.
That's good, but the other side can see the same so look out.

Air power, smoke and ammo, are the bottom three, out of the three ammo is the one for me, and I try and use my command umbrellas to keep up good supply to my units.
The thing is command and control is a whole other show. I advise that if you want cohesion and such to work and perhaps give you the edge in a game it is well worth reading and applying the strategy required to make it work.
I hope this helps, and I know most of you will know, all of this and more, but it is how I do it.

[attachment=4669]

Attached Files
.png   Tutorial for CS games 1.png (Size: 71.79 KB / Downloads: 17)
Quote:Sir Winston Churchill said they were the "Finest Regiment in the world" The Gordon Highlanders ,
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2018, 07:21 PM,
RE: How I do it
Not a bad summary Oldbones.

In fact I like it, good job here!! Smile

TEM: Terrain Effects Modifier.
 As you know terrain will effect combat and the effect will include the terrain the defender is sitting in along with hex side terrain that crosses the line of sight/line of fire where the attack is coming from. Examples of hex side terrain would be low walls, hedges etc. Example of in hex terrain would be woods, village, industrial, orchard etc.

For direct fire attacks hex side TEM comes into play. For indirect fire attacks it doesn't.

For direct and indirect fire attacks in hex TEM comes into play.

I think around page 53 of the manual explains how combat is calculated and how TEM effects that calculation.

In the meantime if you have any other questions about the game, there is a number of game veterans around here like me who would be happy to help!

Thanks
Ivan the Big Cigar5
Quote this message in a reply